Home

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

This is a discussion on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm still enjoying HSGWI, so it wasn't just a passing fancy. I have (reluctantly) admit that I look forward to playing the HSGWI Daily online tournament than my own club tournaments in Tiger Woods 14. I do play in the "Real Tournaments" that are accessed via the online lobby and enjoy those as well. My gamertag is "rowjawuhtahs" if you ever see me online.

Maybe some of you HSG veterans can help me with something I just started experiencing in the game. All of the sudden, I started being really late in my button presses for both the swing strength and the "snap" point, no matter which swing gauge I used. It was so bad I thought my button was getting mushy on the controller. I tested the controller in other games and it seems to actuate with the same responsiveness as always.

I now find that I'm having to hit the button in an anticipatory manner than a reflex one to have a chance of having perfect impact. It works a good bit of the time, but it somehow feels a bit more like a guessing game than what my senses are telling me to do. Is it possible I've made some sort of progression that has changed that? I'd been using "Stuart" with the big air clubs and level 5 big air ball, and was managing that fine for two or three days FWIW, I'm a level 14 golfer. It just seems like there's been some sort of step change that I can't explain. I think I'll try playing as a novice character to see if this input lag is still there.
As far as input lag goes, I can tell you this..I tried playing the HS games (Fore & OOB) on the Samsung LCD TV in the living room and at my friends house (westinghouse) and it was unplayable the button lag was so bad. (I play traditional swing)

Took it into my bedroom on the Panasonic plasma and it was perfect. No lag at all. I do know plasma TVs are known to have better response times than LCDs, but it's strange how apparent it is in these games, compared to others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
As far as input lag goes, I can tell you this..I tried playing the HS games (Fore & OOB) on the Samsung LCD TV in the living room and at my friends house (westinghouse) and it was unplayable the button lag was so bad. (I play traditional swing)

Took it into my bedroom on the Panasonic plasma and it was perfect. No lag at all. I do know plasma TVs are known to have better response times than LCDs, but it's strange how apparent it is in these games, compared to others.
I have a decent entry level 47" Vizio with 60HZ and no lag in this or The Show. Never tried it on my 120HZ but from what I hear it is not as good so far as the lag goes.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Can someone answer a question. Twice last nite I hit a ball beyond the green. Both times it said I hit the ball 115%. I was not using power swing either. Why was this?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #28
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Can someone answer a question. Twice last nite I hit a ball beyond the green. Both times it said I hit the ball 115%. I was not using power swing either. Why was this?
Were you hitting out of the rough? When in the rough and usually on a downslope, there is a chance you will hit a flyer (115-120% power). You can tell if this is a possibility if the power range underneath the lie indicator in the bottom right is colored yellow (also, the caddy usually says something like "watch for flyers!").

You can avoid it by clubbing up or down, or trying to get perfect impact with backspin.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #29
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Thanks man yes I was in the rough!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Flyers can absolutely ruin your day on some of the later courses. 115% is enough to send a shot that would be in the middle of the green into a sand trap or water hazard behind it.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:26 AM   #31
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Yes I had my shot setup perfectly I thought and it flew way past the green and into water. Thanks for the help again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #32
Banned

Steven78's Arena

I also wanna add that on PS3, in 1080p, this game is absolutely gorgeous. Man I love the HSG series as I've been playing since PS2 days. Also, I miss the mini golf modes!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »