Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #73
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Dustin, thanks for the review. Can you comment on if Auto-Subs and fatigue work properly within CF?
Old 08-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by je_2512
Once again, where are the penalties...in 3 games, I've had 2 called...one false start and one encroachment (surprisingly)...

and I had one play where Rodgers was sacked as he was throwing the ball., was clearly an incomplete pass but was ruled a fumble. I tried to challenge, but the option never showed up in the pause menu.

Really disappointed with this year's game, though I should have seen it coming based on the lack of info they put out this year.

Clearly they've already moved on from current gen, and are putting any real effort into next gen.
I think because it's not the actual game. im pretty sure it did the same in last years season ticket. you couldn't challenge , limited replays etc. penalties, i just adjust the sliders.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneed24
I think because it's not the actual game. im pretty sure it did the same in last years season ticket. you couldn't challenge , limited replays etc. penalties, i just adjust the sliders.
I'm playing the retail version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #76
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
I truly baffles me how someone can come in here to say Sim is boring, but then call Madden a good Sim. First, I have to ask, did you ever play the game beyond Pop Warner? If you have any deep knowledge and love for the game, you would never say that any aspect of true football is boring. As a matter of fact, you would recognize how much is missing when you don't get the nuances correct!

To say scoring touchdowns and crazy trucking and pancakes are exciting is one thing. To dismiss improper zone behaviors and blocking schemes is just criminal.

Why do people want Sim? So that they can trust that making good FOOTBALL decisions in a FOOTBALL game will be consistently rewarded. So that they know they won or lost for reasons related to FOOTBALL, and not just due to quirks, glitches, or video game randomness! The sad part is that Madden has had a blueprint for elements that would make it more Sim, but has refused to add these elements in a timely manner.

The game doesn't have to be 100% Sim. Some would agree that in some ways, that could bore some of the lesser savvy masses. But this title lacks *key* Sim elements (zones, fronts and coverage, real game planning, realistic pursuit/gap logic) that are unacceptable at this point. TWENTY FIVE friggin' years!!! Really?!...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Good review but I do have one gripe. Xbox one and the PS4 are not "literally right around the corner."
I know this makes me a anal prick but it is a pet peeve of mine.

To the game itself, it frustrates me that for this entire generation of games we have been waiting on that one mythical patch that will turn Madden into a great game. Seems like every year we find ourselves saying "man if they patch these issues this would be a great football game.

By the way, I don't think the D line push can be easily fixed via patch without nerfing the running game in other areas.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #78
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Madden 25 is a pretty good game. You should give it a try.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
If Madden is not SIM, then what have we had?

Personally, I think Madden is a true Simulator. It lacks emotion. It lacks, to a certain degree true NFL ambience.

It needs DRAMA!
Have linemen jump the snap and knock the QB on his butt and have his teammates come to the rescue.

Have guys get tackled out of bounds and have to players run and get into face, with occasional flags being thrown.

Have guys lay the wood, then have teammates high five the beast.

Emotion, emotion, emotions, what a brilliant concept!!!
I would love to see this in some way shape or form, but because of the NFL and its image that won't happen. Its the same reason why they dont show gruesome injuries in the game.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Without question a no buy. My season ticket expires this evening and I'm not even going to bother downloading it to try it out. Next-Gen or bust for me.
I agree with you and what is so wrong with wanting it as real as it came be? Nothing at all. There's alot to added to the game in future years. This is far from over

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »