Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
Ya if they have all this cash to flow around hire the 2k team to make the dam game and get it right because obviously these developers know squat how to program the game of football. Dam I wish they had of invested in NHL team to make a next gen game rather then football. Oh well at least 2k bball, show, bf4 will keep me busy.
Its unfair to blame the developers. The developers get their instructions from producers and a management team.
EA management has a blueprint to keep production costs down and they use it.
The Madden team has been using the same code from day one. of course they tweak the code but they havent added anything new to it. That is why the same problems continue to occur.

Madden has also regressed in complexity. Even the control options have been dumbed down from the PS2 days.
Maddens philosophy is to create highlight, casual fan football. They just need to admit it, and move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #66
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm sorry but EA just doesn't make good sports games. They don't know how.

You can go to NG and get better lighting, but the gameplay will be no different.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well I'm not supporting their crap.. If a company makes a car and their is a faulty engine for 6 or 7 years they don't just flap paint and add some bells and whistles to make it look good and hope it sells because I made better products before. You fire your engineers or scrap and develop a new engine. Who do u blame?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #68
Rookie

I wish we could select players from particular schools in the NFL Draft part of Madden, instead of a leader board of just the top players. Maybe that will be an option for the next-gen Madden.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
I'm sorry but EA just doesn't make good sports games. They don't know how.

You can go to NG and get better lighting, but the gameplay will be no different.
Profitt ... My problem with EA is they try to put all their efforts into one or two modes, but I do think EA Sports puts out decent sports games (NCAA FB and NHL games are pretty good sims), but maybe our expectations of them are too great? Granted, there will always be bugs in games -- no game is perfect. I wouldn't go off the ledge yet after the review. I'm sure there will be updates to fix certain issues.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

What a disappointment. I'll strongly consider selling the game and keeping the Sunday ticket. Then again, I'm kind of a sucker. I'll probably end up playing the game.

Do people really think this year's XB1/PS4 version is going to be any good? It'll be another crippled game like the last generation's debut. Just fancier graphics. Here's hoping things improve with Madden 15.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Oh wow, 7.5.

Its football, it come out for 25 years. I don't think you guys know what you want from football anymore.

On one hand, if it too SIM, then its boring and on the other hand if its a little over the top then its too arcadish.

Hell, at this point I don't know what to look for in a Football game anymore...
I agree with you 100%!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Once again, where are the penalties...in 3 games, I've had 2 called...one false start and one encroachment (surprisingly)...

and I had one play where Rodgers was sacked as he was throwing the ball., was clearly an incomplete pass but was ruled a fumble. I tried to challenge, but the option never showed up in the pause menu.

Really disappointed with this year's game, though I should have seen it coming based on the lack of info they put out this year.

Clearly they've already moved on from current gen, and are putting any real effort into next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »