Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Why are these reviews so short nowadays? Years ago, on OS and other sites, the reviews used to have more substance to them. The career mode could have pages written about it, but now you get a couple of paragraphs. Gameplay is talked about the most in this review, and rightfully so, but it still seems light on content.

Nothing against the reviewer, just don't understand why sports game reviews have shrunk in the amount of content presented. Is that some type of industry standard now?
Huh???

I took me a little time to read everything he wrote. And Chris is right......I used to skip right pass those LONG reviews. I need a "get to the point" review that still touches on all areas of the game. I don't know about anybody else but I don't have all day to sit and read a game review. This was long enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #42
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Good review, but if Pete goes 8-8 this year he's getting canned IMO.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I don't agree it was bogus. It is one mans opinion. Video Games are highly subjective to the indivisual player.

I do agree about the other bolded parts 100% I went back and played Madden 2005...2007 on last gen. Madden 12 alone has them licked on the field for me. And now M25 will rule them all. It is the best playing Madden to date. I can't even compare it's gameplay to last gen....really? I love the old Maddens as much as anyone else...but this version has the goods IMO when it comes to Madden football. And it may very well go down as the best Madden ever. And it should. It's 2013. But last years game was criminal....this years game (demo only for me thus far) plays awesome. Blows away M12 on the field, which I really like a ton.
That is the point it is the best Madden, but it isn't by far the best football game that has came out to date.
Even in regards to presentation.
Arguably 2K5 or Allpro2K8 is still a better playing football game.
It had better fundamentals mechanics and A.I.
LOL Madden still hasn't reached the concept of double team passing blocking, weight, speed, and so forth.
Madden easily beats itself because there isn't much to beat, but in comparison to games that came out years ago and also old tech and programming.
Is still regarded superior than what has came out this Gen cycle is just sad and also shows the inability of EA to deliver a Good Football game. Not just a better than Madden experience.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #44

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Going to have to back track on it being the same old Madden I have the early release and am pretty impressed with the smoothness of the game. There are still issues but I was wrong saying there has been no progress.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #45
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Good, fair review.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #46
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Well let me help you out here...

SIMULATE THE GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!!

Thats all we want, we want the authenticity of what we see on Sunday and not this rinse and repeat the same plays no matter down and distance of exploiting the AI when in real life that wouldnt happen like that!

Satisfied?
Nah not at all. Everybody see things on Sundays differently. What do you see on Sunday that's not in the game.

Watch yourself too, we're discussing video games here...
Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #47
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Oh wow, 7.5.

Its football, it come out for 25 years. I don't think you guys know what you want from football anymore.

On one hand, if it too SIM, then its boring and on the other hand if its a little over the top then its too arcadish.

Hell, at this point I don't know what to look for in a Football game anymore...
A million facepalms for this. How exactly would SIM football be boring? How many people that don't enjoy watching real NFL football buy Madden? This statement absolutely baffles me. If you think SIM football is boring then what? You don't enjoy real football? Why play Madden? I can't even fathom this...
Old 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #48
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
This is such a bogus review. Between the review copies being given to various loud mouthed and annoying youtube channel owners and sim players and gamechangers who were forceably tight lipped until the 23rd. This review along with alot of the negativity towards Madden 25 comes as no surprise. Everyone herald's 2004 as the pinnacle of video game football, yet next gen has been completely ignored as any achievement past its predecessors.

I played the demo. I played the madden 13 demo. WORLDS apart in gameplay and presentation. Madden 25 trumps it and trumps any effort before it INCLUDING MADDEN NFL 2005.

basically we got alot of bottom hurt players here wanting realism for sake of realism, when this is as real as it can achievably get...

XBOX 1 and PS4 will make on difference this is the same skeleton of a game and you can tell . Madden 25 plays like a low res next gen game and i love it.

The pickiness of some ppl annoys me
Have you played other sports games like Fifa, The Show, and NBA 2K, how do you think Madden compares to those games as far is player movement, player individuality, A.I. Options, and features?

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 08-23-2013 at 08:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »