Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Without question a no buy. My season ticket expires this evening and I'm not even going to bother downloading it to try it out. Next-Gen or bust for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
This is such a bogus review. Between the review copies being given to various loud mouthed and annoying youtube channel owners and sim players and gamechangers who were forceably tight lipped until the 23rd. This review along with alot of the negativity towards Madden 25 comes as no surprise. Everyone herald's 2004 as the pinnacle of video game football, yet next gen has been completely ignored as any achievement past its predecessors.

I played the demo. I played the madden 13 demo. WORLDS apart in gameplay and presentation. Madden 25 trumps it and trumps any effort before it INCLUDING MADDEN NFL 2005.

basically we got alot of bottom hurt players here wanting realism for sake of realism, when this is as real as it can achievably get...

XBOX 1 and PS4 will make on difference this is the same skeleton of a game and you can tell . Madden 25 plays like a low res next gen game and i love it.

The pickiness of some ppl annoys me
Dont agree with that this is as real as could be.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #27
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
You are part of the 5% or so of a typical internet audience who reads more than 400 words on a page. Many studies have been done on content length and people typically check out very quickly from text (over 90% after 500-600 words). We try to include as much depth as possible in reviews without going overboard, but try to leave the specific modes and an in-depth breakdown to the days following when more time is had with the game. Reviewing games is one of the most inexact sciences in history, but content length is pretty standardized now with as short as possible to get the information you want across
Thanks, Chris. Appreciate the explanation!

It has been something that has bothered me for a while, and figured I would ask. Sorry if I took it too off-topic.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 1
I have PS4 Madden on Pre-order...I'm hoping for more than a 7.5 rated game.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #29
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
This is such a bogus review. Between the review copies being given to various loud mouthed and annoying youtube channel owners and sim players and gamechangers who were forceably tight lipped until the 23rd. This review along with alot of the negativity towards Madden 25 comes as no surprise. Everyone herald's 2004 as the pinnacle of video game football, yet next gen has been completely ignored as any achievement past its predecessors.

I played the demo. I played the madden 13 demo. WORLDS apart in gameplay and presentation. Madden 25 trumps it and trumps any effort before it INCLUDING MADDEN NFL 2005.

basically we got alot of bottom hurt players here wanting realism for sake of realism, when this is as real as it can achievably get...

XBOX 1 and PS4 will make on difference this is the same skeleton of a game and you can tell . Madden 25 plays like a low res next gen game and i love it.

The pickiness of some ppl annoys me

I don't agree it was bogus. It is one mans opinion. Video Games are highly subjective to the indivisual player.

I do agree about the other bolded parts 100% I went back and played Madden 2005...2007 on last gen. Madden 12 alone has them licked on the field for me. And now M25 will rule them all. It is the best playing Madden to date. I can't even compare it's gameplay to last gen....really? I love the old Maddens as much as anyone else...but this version has the goods IMO when it comes to Madden football. And it may very well go down as the best Madden ever. And it should. It's 2013. But last years game was criminal....this years game (demo only for me thus far) plays awesome. Blows away M12 on the field, which I really like a ton.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 08-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #30
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
So in other words the Defense is the main problem right now with this Madden25. Yes I know EA main focus is now going towards next gen. But they will be doing some patches. And the first big patch should be the one that addresses the Defense problems. Tighten up the coverage some, give the front four some push up front instead of letting them get push back and also make the swim move more affective. If they would address these certain problems. Then the game would be more enjoyable. But they don't need to make the Dline or the D to powerful. Just needs to be balance out some.
Isnt this the issue every year coverage? Yet they still arent able to patch.. I have no reason to believe this year will be any different.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #31

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Please help me, what game was it that EA implemented the icons by star players. I'm thinking it was 08, but anyways star players were effective. I didnt run towards the bull or throw near the star corners icon.

I loved that!
That was the "weapons" version of the game. It has since been removed. But that is an example of what is wrong with this franchise. They add/take away constantly. But to use your example, yes they labeled a player with their respective weapon, but the issues of this game remained. Do you have a coverage weapon that your CB or LB has for a weapon? no problem, I'll just throw a slant pass. The slant pass's high percentage in this game has been an ongoing issue for as long as I can remember. It has yet to be addressed.

Vision Cone
Fight for the Fumble
Pro Tak
Read and React
Weapons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I'm curious to what is considered SIM, because when EA gave the option to slow it down, people where raving the SIM word then.

Everyone seems to have different opinions on what the word truly means.
Well let me help you out here...

SIMULATE THE GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!!

Thats all we want, we want the authenticity of what we see on Sunday and not this rinse and repeat the same plays no matter down and distance of exploiting the AI when in real life that wouldnt happen like that!

Satisfied?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »