Home

Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trailer

This is a discussion on Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #137
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trai

Didn't know Idris Elba was their cover athlete.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #138
Banned

Re: Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trai

Here is my take on everything....

1. Kyrie Irving as the cover athlete makes sense. He is a rising star in the league with Superstar potential written all over him. I'm definitely happy and EA Sports made the right choice, especially with the flop of Kevin Durant. I can see Stephen Curry taking the torch next year.

2. I think the way the In-Game footage was choreographed was the problem. They should have done the lip job while he was dribbling the ball up the court and had him finish his lip movement when he first stopped in place. It would have looked smoother and the detail wouldn't be critiqued as much.

3. The Ball movement was smooth and the graphics looked great. (A little better thank 2k14 trailer with LeBron) That's just my opinion so please don't argue with me.

4. As for the double dribble, I don't get why people are mad or critical of the subject. I don't see any refs, players, cheerleaders, announcers or even a mascot. Kyrie actually walked up the court as if there wasn't a defender fronting him. That means that it's not real gameplay. Any logical person should be able to tell In-Game Footage and Gameplay Footage apart. Gameplay footage would consist of those things I mentioned above with the refs, players, 5 on 5 basketball and etc. It's the way that the video was choreographed and planned that makes this video look a little awkward.

5. Cover art could have been better, but I don't mind it much. Kyrie looks serious and It tells me that EA Sports is serious about it's return this time, but time will tell. I have been fooled 3 times now. It may finally be their year.

6. I almost missed the thing about the calf... I laughed so hard when I read some of these comments. Kyrie Irving's calf is bigger on NBA 2k13. You can't argue that. The reason why his calves look bigger than what that leg sleeve is based from NBA Live 09's look. Go to youtube and look up NBA LIVE 09 create a player and you will what I'm talking about.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #139
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Hope is still alive.

Still going to play the demo first
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 07-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #140
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
Hope is still alive.

Still going to play the demo first
i don't think there will be a demo
Old 07-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #141
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
it goes both ways . people preorder both bball games before any info is out every year. This is nothing new
Yeah except that EA hasn't put up a game in 3 years. That trailer shows basically nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #142
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Now don't quote me on this, but I swear I saw a double dribble in there.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #143
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Now don't quote me on this, but I swear I saw a double dribble in there.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #144
Banned

OVR: 6

Honestly I dont care who is making the games

show me a good basketball game i'll get it

hopefully next gen starts off with two quality bball titles

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »