Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Baseball's Midseason Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Baseball's Midseason Edition within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
In a perfect world, we would see MLB The Show mixed with MLB 2K. The two would give us everything we need essentially. The depth and customization on 2k and the graphics of the show. That being said, I believe ppl are truly deluded in belief that The Show is a SIM of real baseball. It's dry, there are no dynasty updates, and batting isn't real. however the 2k version has enough to offer if you detest the look. I'm so shocked at the amount of hate 2k gets. These same ppl gate ea sports for making graphically pleasing games year after year. The Show looks great, but the amount of depth in the dynasty is lackluster. The accessories are minimal, the trade feature is lacking, the salary is off. List goes on. They still didn't put in the braided necklaces. At least 2k gives you options to play with.

I believe if 2K makes a game that looks close to the Basketball, they will top the Show. Hands down.
Just curious: what would you do to improve The Show's gameplay? I agree that more could be added to Franchise mode, but I'll stick to the fact that gameplay-wise, The Show is tops.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
until I saw the check saying $9653, I be certain that my brothers friend actually bringing home money part-time online.. there best friend started doing this for only 18 months and as of now repaid the depts on there apartment and bourt a brand new Ford. go to.......... www.Yad7.com
Old 07-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRoark
Just curious: what would you do to improve The Show's gameplay? I agree that more could be added to Franchise mode, but I'll stick to the fact that gameplay-wise, The Show is tops.
I would leave the look, feel, and gameplay as is, save the batting physics. Now, I'm not the analog stick swinger. No time for that. Just plug and play. But the batting for the last 3 yrs has been nerve wrecking. I LOVE the pitching. I would change the fielding mechanics in both titles. My preference in gaming is more GM, Edits, achievements. The show fails in this part. Imo. Since it's Sony i'd have a teambuilder/accessory build. The game looks to nice to leave out signature cleats. I actually wrote an article about this two weeks ago. Please take a look.

Baseball has the most ground to gain I believe. It's season is on the longest, the postseason brings a new life to the season. Where intensity is similar to scoring in soccer and hockey. The story is always something new, a new star, redemption, records to break etc. This needs to added. I believe EA littered their triple play with stats and update. Just like 2k has the homepage. The meager status bar or pop up highlighting a streak isn't enough. They should add a feature to update on stats as they do injuries. Notify all star selections, and awards races. You can go in to the off season with out knowing who won MVP. The best who does it I'd say is EA NCAA FOOTBALL. I've been lobbying for a DLC add on that would bring these extra features to save CD space. If it matters.

DD is an amazing concept. But if you don't play online, it pointless. And a waste of time. I'd like to bring my created team in expansion, or replacing a current team like in Madden.

These are a few changes. But please read my blog on NEXT GEN BASEBALL NEEDS.

PEACE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRoark
I wanted to add this, ESPN isn't the only network delivering classic and impressive highlights, and commentary. I prefer MLB network, you can catch The Ripkens, and a slew of others that TALK BASEBALL. It's time to see this in our games. Cutscenes that show the same excitement as the players when they come up big in the right time. Really. Baseball has robbed us the most. Although College basketball hasn't been around or when developed proved to be garbage, however, a sport with a following close to that of futbol- globally. They haven't produced. We haven't seen a WBC yet, no steroid controversy. The excitement isn't there. No flare, just updated parks, a few old unis, and better imaging. I think the Show introduced a better sounding ball to mitt sound FX. But no braided necklace that we see worn by C J Wilson and others. No herionbone chain on Pujols, or since last year, New Balance Cleats. Under Armour has Planted themselves in all sports, and their creativity should be represented. Bryce Harper wears under Armour just as all Maryland teams but there is no representation.

I think gamers are selective complainers. Mariano Rivera is retiring this year, but there is no big deal about it on the console. There's no reason to hold on to this title for features, or players we may never see again.

My apologies for the rant, but if you grew up playing, watching, and loving baseball you can't let this nonsense pass.

My fav. Titles were,

Bottom of the ninth
Triple Play
The 2k series with Jeter on it. All.
RBI baseball.
SNK Baseball

Who remembers Dreamcast had a great baseball game.

Ok I'm done. Out of wind.

Awwwe talk about wind.........

Lol. Peace
Old 07-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Baseball's Midseason Edition

Quote:
I would leave the look, feel, and gameplay as is, save the batting physics. Now, I'm not the analog stick swinger. No time for that. Just plug and play. But the batting for the last 3 yrs has been nerve wrecking.

Doesn't like the batting physics for 'timing' mode.

Refuses to use the much more intuitive, smooth and natural feeling 'pure analog' mode because, "no time for that."

Gotcha.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Doesn't like the batting physics for 'timing' mode.

Refuses to use the much more intuitive, smooth and natural feeling 'pure analog' mode because, "no time for that."

Gotcha.

Come on man really!!!!!! Lol. The X button is easy. It's simple, but outside of that I'm buggin?

Tell me you play 162 games? Plus playoffs if you make it.....

Please. Keep it 100% n b fair.

I paid for the game bruiser.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Come on man really!!!!!! Lol. The X button is easy. It's simple, but outside of that I'm buggin?

What are you talking about? I only mentioned the fact that you don't use the analog swing, nothing about playing 162 games.

Using the pure analog swing takes literally zero extra time, so saying "no time for that" isn't an excuse lol.

It produces a much more natural, smooth feeling when trying to time your swing, it also makes it much easier to check your swing. You should give it a shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #16
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:

To be honest...you're all over the place.
You say it was the gameplay.....then you tell CPR that you just hit timing(which is mostly ratings...no other game counts ratings as much in it's timing hitting...it doesn't get more "sim" than that).....and go on to rant about presentation which has little if none to do with "sim" gaming in which anyone who thinks The Show is....is "deluded"(um...okay)
But you're most compelling point has to be that braided necklaces aren't in the game.
How the heck can it be sim!?

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »