Home

Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trailer

This is a discussion on Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trai

Really liking the look of the game so far. Even though we've been getting it in bits and pieces, it's looking more and more like it's worthy of purchase.

Graphically, it's on point. I like how the fingers seem to conform to the ball, as well as the wrinkles in the jersey/shorts and the cloth movement in general. Plus, the jerseys are actually on the shoulders, not floating.

Also, in case no one noticed, the accessory colors/setups look to be correct.

Also while the calf muscles DO look kinda big, I think it's the kneepads that make them look that way. The "fabric" outside the pads seem to be/look thicker than they actually are - it should fit skin-tight with the exception of the pad (obviously) and you can tell in the footage they do not. I believe that's why they look big.

But a BIG + for me is that Kyrie doesn't look too thin, or like a body builder (2K's current-gen models all have that look). If you compare the model shown to RL pictures of Kyrie, it's actually pretty close.

Overall it looks promising. I still will wait for 5-on-5 gameplay (and the Association, etc. modes) before deciding but for the first time in a while Live actually looks pretty good. At least, IMO...
Old 07-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #58
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trai

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
when i say its actual game play, I'm saying thats how the game will look in game... Not that didn't do some type of editing to it
Well if the game looks this good, plays smooth and animations look non robotic it will get a purchase from me.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 07-25-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #59
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Could Live really be back ?? Can the game of my childhood finally be relevant again ?

I guess will see this fall.......
Old 07-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
?

1. Lebron talking to Lebron was pre-rendered

2. Kobe,Metta World Peace, Steve Blake, Dwight Howard, Ray Allen, and Pau Gasol were all there in the 2K player, it wasn't just 1 player on the court like lives.

3. They showed of actual gameplay features like Lebron dunking, celebrating, stealing the ball in the 2K trailer.

And no I'm not a "2K fanboy", I'd actually like to see Live get some more fair treatment.
Yeah but this clip was much shorter, the general premise was the same. Showed a clip of the the cover athlete taking, along with some gameplay which like the 2K trailer was rendered in game.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 4

I cant believed no one has mentioned how good the crowd looks in the background!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #62
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Ok yall can stop talking about the calf muscles because yall know when the game comes out rosters will be edited

and the double dribble is really being thrown out of proportion

But anyway the graphics look nice but I just want to 5 on 5 gameplay anybody know when we will get that

BRON IS THE GOAT!!
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #63
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Unless he really says that line in the game, this may or may not be in-game footage.

It may be, but this trailer does nothing to prove it, in my opinion.

Anyway, if that's what it looks like in-game, KUDOS EA!
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #64
Rookie

I really cant believe you people think this is in game footage... Lol but kodos to EA for tricking you all

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »