Home

NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo

Why's DeAndre Jordan 160 lbs?

XBX360 GT:DomeLights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #82
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Can we just call 2k's attempt "Semi-Live ball"?

The only time the turnovers really happened in 2k was when players tried to advance the ball where there was no space. It should be common sense to not dribble right through someone, be it a defender or a teammate. But of course we are playing a videogame. Joe User (like Boiler used it) isn't thinking about things like space, he's just trying to plow to the basket. People complained about it instead of changing the way they played.

If Live succeeds at this, I think it will force people to change the way they play. You will have to consider things like spacing, when/where/how to make your move. Im in love with the idea, but like Boiler said, are "we" as an audience ready for it? And will EA be able to pull it off?
I will be highly interested to see if it changes the way people play... OR... if like 2k12... The dev's cave and change the way it's implemented. People had a difficult time in the other game when it was just in open court. Image that in a half court on every bump and contact.

I think, and time will tell, but I think they will go semi live as well being there may be certain instances where they turn it off.. (Just may be different instances than 2k)

IF they end up not having to do that(turn it off and make it semi live), and it works, it will be a major breakthrough in pushing the genre forward. Which benefits us all.

FYI were talking about this tonight on the radio show tonight, if you want to join in the convo and make your points there as well.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #83
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I will be highly interested to see if it changes the way people play... OR... if like 2k12... The dev's cave and change the way it's implemented. People had a difficult time in the other game when it was just in open court. Image that in a half court on every bump and contact.

I think, and time will tell, but I think they will go semi live as well being there may be certain instances where they turn it off.. (Just may be different instances than 2k)

IF they end up not having to do that(turn it off and make it semi live), and it works, it will be a major breakthrough in pushing the genre forward. Which benefits us all.

FYI were talking about this tonight on the radio show tonight, if you want to join in the convo and make your points there as well.
If they decide to go with the semi-live ball, I hope they give us an option to make it 100% live. It would be similar to how FIFA has an option to turn handballs on/off.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #84

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
If they decide to go with the semi-live ball, I hope they give us an option to make it 100% live. It would be similar to how FIFA has an option to turn handballs on/off.
That would be dope! Then we could really see how far away we are... Or if we have made it all the way. I would be this is something they can tune and turn up or down from the server side of things.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 07-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #85
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 14 BounceTek demo footage at E3 from SportsNationESPN

Not sure if I'm saying much then what's been said by you guys already..

But, I'll say this. Dribbling looks phenomenal.

Problem that I might have is that it seems like that's the only thing they're focusing on. That might be a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #86
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
I just want it to be fun.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #87

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I just want it to be fun.
If nothing nothing else I expect fun to be covered!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »