Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Baseball's Midseason Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Baseball's Midseason Edition within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: Baseball's Midseason Edition

We sit OS's Baseball Beat writer Caley Roark down for a little fact or fiction. Caley addresses topics such as whether we'll see a baseball game on Microsoft's consoles next year to whether the Pirates will sustain their first half performance on into the playoffs.

Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: Baseball's Midseason Edition
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
I can't understand why MS (who owns the IP for it) wouldn't release an XBL version of High Heat with enhanced graphics and updated rosters.

I won't be surprised if we get (at least on current gen consoles) another year of MLB 2k, which will be a $60 roster update.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1
Im so glad im going to be getting the ps4 and will finally be able to play the show.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'd really hate to not have a baseball game next year. I don't plan on buying the new consoles upon their launch dates since the quality of games wont be there just yet.

Looks like I'm leaning towards the new Playstation though. I'm a BIG baseball fan
Old 07-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Bravos have also been making due with an injury problem second only to the Yankees. (Uptons, Heyward, McCann, and Gattis have all spent time on the DL. And now it's Schaffer and Maholm. Dodgers have been on for the past month as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Raise the Jolly Roger!!!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10
In a perfect world, we would see MLB The Show mixed with MLB 2K. The two would give us everything we need essentially. The depth and customization on 2k and the graphics of the show. That being said, I believe ppl are truly deluded in belief that The Show is a SIM of real baseball. It's dry, there are no dynasty updates, and batting isn't real. however the 2k version has enough to offer if you detest the look. I'm so shocked at the amount of hate 2k gets. These same ppl gate ea sports for making graphically pleasing games year after year. The Show looks great, but the amount of depth in the dynasty is lackluster. The accessories are minimal, the trade feature is lacking, the salary is off. List goes on. They still didn't put in the braided necklaces. At least 2k gives you options to play with.

I believe if 2K makes a game that looks close to the Basketball, they will top the Show. Hands down.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Reinstate Pete Rose!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »