Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #929
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

One thing I've noticed after two years with the new hitting engine is that there is still a complete lack of balls that drop in between the infielders and outfielders on pop up type hits. I don't know if it's because the fielders are positioned to close, the fields aren't big enough, the fielders are too fast, or the balls just don't drop right, but I rarely see it. It is something you see quite often in real life. Or balls that are close to dropping in. I feel like every ball in between the outfield and infield is easily caught or it is just a soft line drive. Does anyone else feel the same?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #930
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Just had CRAZY game. Same sliders as I use all the time but this time, I won 17-5!

20 hits, 4 walks(3 of them were hit by pitches,but umpire NEVER warned either team) and 5 home runs! Lawrie with 2HR and 5RBI, Bautista with 2HR and 6RBI(including a grand slam).

I had an 8 run 2nd inning!

Probably the best offensive game I've had in any baseball game I've ever played(on a hard difficulty with no cheap slider adjustments)
I hit a Grand Slam with Bautista last night. He's got 4 HR's in the first 4 games of the season and Toronto leads MLB with 13 HR's.

I think I've finally solved the timing window riddle, too. Seeing more consistent contact and not striking out as much as I was before on either the PS3 or Vita versions.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 07-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #931
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I think I've finally solved the timing window riddle, too. Seeing more consistent contact and not striking out as much as I was before on either the PS3 or Vita versions.
Do tell Man! Or do you not want to jinx it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #932
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've played MLB08-10, but hadn't played the last 2 year's versions. The biggest changes I've noticed, which are great, is better hit variety and much better error variety. It used to be that errors were rare and usually only happened on throws to 1st. Not anymore, I've even seen 5-8 errors in the outfield through 70 games.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #933
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I think I've finally solved the timing window riddle, too.
I gave true analog a go yesterday. It does put an organic element to hitting, the problem I have is being able to lay off pitches I would normally layoff with timing, but I do realize with practice that I could overcome that. I was trying to check my swing; can't figure that out, need more practice.

Making slight adjustments to the way you normally play does freshen the game up. At this point, I need a lot of freshening.

Last edited by tanchl; 07-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #934
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Let me preface this post by saying I'm really enjoying this year's game...

That said, I'm sick and tired of pitchers acting like hockey goalies on every ground ball hit back up the middle. It's either a "kick save and a beauty," or a "wicked glove save" by Martin Brodeur or Jonathan Quick masquerading as a baseball pitcher. This seams to happen to me 3-4x a game, so I'm either incredibly good at hitting ball up the middle, or something needs to be tweaked.

And only occasionally are they really hurt enough to come out of the game on a hard smash off their body. The one I remember the most is a skull fracture for Trevor Rosenthal that caused him to retire in the off-season. Most the time I'm out on the play and the pitcher stays in.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #935
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye

That said, I'm sick and tired of pitchers acting like hockey goalies on every ground ball hit back up the middle. It's either a "kick save and a beauty," or a "wicked glove save" by Martin Brodeur or Jonathan Quick masquerading as a baseball pitcher. This seams to happen to me 3-4x a game, so I'm either incredibly good at hitting ball up the middle, or something needs to be tweaked.

And only occasionally are they really hurt enough to come out of the game on a hard smash off their body. The one I remember the most is a skull fracture for Trevor Rosenthal that caused him to retire in the off-season. Most the time I'm out on the play and the pitcher stays in.
Absolutely! It seems like an easy tweak. I have yet to see a pitcher pulled. The kids will be walking like his leg is hanging by a thread, then boom he's ready to go will no ill effect.

Not to pile on, but there are so many tweakables in this game. Anybody could list a good amount, but they remain. Thank goodness that I can live with all of them, none are even close to game-breakers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #936
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye

Sometimes that happens to me twice in the same game! Meanwhile, I rarely see the reverse happening. Usually the ball gets by my pitcher, well, more than usually. However, CPU pitchers are for the most part, converted shortstops

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »