Home

Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X49ER
Kinda disappointed by the lack of GT love I'm seeing on OS. I for one am excited for it.
The games look great but I think the issue is that it's TOO gearheadish for the average person. I had the first 3 GTs but never got that deep in any of them so I just ended my fascination of the beauty of them by not wasting anymore money.

That said, I am interested in how this one pan out with the new engine. I have yet to try the demo since my PS3 Fat has been broken since October. Time to get it fixed and get caught up on all the great games that have come out in the meantime.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course

That first video looked amazing. The music was horrible but I don't buy games to listen to music so that's not an issue as long as I can turn it off. The second video was a waste of time, poorly shot and the dude couldn't drive. This is a day one purchase for me.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course

I think everybody in this thread hit the nail on the head in terms of how I feel about Gran Turismo. I've owned Gran Turismo, GT3 and finally GT5. GT5 is the only Gran Turismo game I'm actually making real progress in, after owning it for a month I'm at level 25. Previously, I just drove and raced around GT1 and 3 rather aimlessly and never really made any progress.

GT, as somebody said, does have a very sterile feel to it and I think I did myself a disservice by buying GT5 after playing 88% of the way thru Midnight Club: LA and beating Grid 1. Grid and MCLA both have great atmospheres. MCLA has that notorious rubber-banding but what I did like was the fact that you were not going to win every race. In Grid, computer controlled cars actually drove like they wanted to win, hell they would sometimes spin out or crash themselves. They felt alive, the races were tense, I actually miss that feeling. That feeling is not present in GT.

I've played the GT6 demo and I didn't notice anything different. Maybe I need to play it again. As for GT6, I'm not sure about buying that. Right now with the Midnight Club series being dead, I'm very much interesting in trying Forza Horizon.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »