Home

NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
We'd better enjoy this year's NCAA 14, the court battle still continues over the realism and college players not getting a dime from it.

from NY TIMES

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/09/arts/video-games/even-ncaa-college-football-14-is-changing.html?ref=video-games&_r=0
Old 07-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #74
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
They dont use their names. Case closed. Id be happy if I was on a video game
Old 07-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #75
Just started!

hgtsun123's Arena

Great review!!! After playing the game for a week and a half I can fully agree with this review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #76
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
i wish reviews would mention the glitches and problems the game has. All review web sites are guilty of it. Little things like stadium sounds cut out frequently. Those things should be mentioned in a review.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #77
Just started!

Good to see the review of someone who knows what the are talking about. This review is spot on and its because the reviewer knows the intricacies that make this series great and the problems that hindered this game.

I have yet to get into changing the sliders for NCCA 14 to generate realistic games(statisically). They have fixed multiple issues like:
players actually running into endzone, not stopping just after goal line and puffing out chest.

INTs less frequent

Much more realistic no huddle in terms of time to run a play.

Pass blocking is better, you do not get a sack 50% of the time when running certain man to man blitzes.

CPU playcaling improved, they balance their playbook more.

CPU can run the ball on you, without messing with sliders.

I still have yet to get a good grasp on whether:

The season simulation stats are realistic (last year passing yards were too low in sims)

Does CPU have better time management inside 2 mins (I doubt it, but any improvement to that would be appreciated)
Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #78
Rookie

the review is very good. it is the best game of the series and of course the last. the gameplay is much improved, i like the ability to use points for recruiting, it streamlines the process effectively. the feel of the players is very good with the new physics engine. simming games seems a little better than in the past. the scores can be too high, ai running still has to be bumped up with sliders. graphics, colors especially have improved. it is a great game overall and should be rated a 9. i have found that i can take 12 classic teams put them into a conference that has a playoff, edit the schedule, and get an all time champion this way. i can use the top 12 high school teams from teambuilder and do the same thing. now that is great.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #79
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftone
the review is very good. it is the best game of the series and of course the last. the gameplay is much improved, i like the ability to use points for recruiting, it streamlines the process effectively. the feel of the players is very good with the new physics engine. simming games seems a little better than in the past. the scores can be too high, ai running still has to be bumped up with sliders. graphics, colors especially have improved. it is a great game overall and should be rated a 9. i have found that i can take 12 classic teams put them into a conference that has a playoff, edit the schedule, and get an all time champion this way. i can use the top 12 high school teams from teambuilder and do the same thing. now that is great.
They did say they worked on the player models to get them more realistic but they also said with that they had to dim down the background graphics (stadium, sidelines, etc) to make up for the player models. So actually the graphics got a bit worse stadium wise

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 01-04-2014, 02:42 AM   #80
Just started!

Great article. Glad to see the fixes to the franchise of NCAA. I'm one that doesn't agree with the new consoles, I felt they lost patience and HAD to go to a next-generation of gaming, so the NCAA future is depressing. I haven't played NCAA since PS2 (NCAA 11) but even on there it was so awesome. I still play it occasionally! Great review about the work that's been done, I look forward to maybe purchasing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »