Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #921
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
First post in this thread this year, and I can't believe what I saw.

In a cut scene after a triple, the 3B for the CPU went over to talk with the pitcher and then came back to the bag.

Then he held the ball out and tried to get my baserunner using the hidden ball trick!!!!!!!!!!!

That's effing amazing--a real testament to how hardcore these developers are about the intricacies of baseball. It's a real treat to play this game. I'd gladly pay double for it.
That was in last year as well, not a new thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #922
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I find the game to be much more enjoyable and rewarding using the Analog hitting interface.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 07-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #923
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
That was in last year as well, not a new thing.
Well, I didn't play last year's game, and per the thread title, I was simply giving my impression, which is that it's a cool thing.

DJ, I'm surprised you like the analog thing. I want to use the excuse that I'm too old to get the hang of that stuff, but I guess I can't use that one now.

I honestly can't get the feel of the hitting, although I think it's nice because of the clean interface.

The pitching interface is a bit of an eyesore in my opinion. I wish they'd come up with something fresh for that. In order to keep the screen clean, I've settled on classic pitching and timing hitting.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #924
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
Well, I didn't play last year's game, and per the thread title, I was simply giving my impression, which is that it's a cool thing.

DJ, I'm surprised you like the analog thing. I want to use the excuse that I'm too old to get the hang of that stuff, but I guess I can't use that one now.

I honestly can't get the feel of the hitting, although I think it's nice because of the clean interface.

The pitching interface is a bit of an eyesore in my opinion. I wish they'd come up with something fresh for that. In order to keep the screen clean, I've settled on classic pitching and timing hitting.
Well if I stuck with Timing, the game would've been traded for NBA 2K14. That, coming from me, says a lot about how frustrated I had grown with Timing. Analog really isn't difficult to use and it solves a lot of the issues I was having with Timing, most notably, early timing on swings. Being in control of the stride and swing allows me to fall into the sweet spot of the new timing window.

As for pitching, you can shrink the meter so it isn't as visible. I like the clean screen look, too, but at this point will sacrifice a few visual aspects for a refreshing and fun gameplay experience.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #925
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
kamekdsu stop flooding this thread with complaints and crying.
Flooding? I'm just adding to my list of suggestions. I'm not complaining nor crying I'm giving opinions. haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #926
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamekDSU
Flooding? I'm just adding to my list of suggestions. I'm not complaining nor crying I'm giving opinions. haha.
This really isn't for suggestions though. It's for peoples impressions of the current game. You could argue that you're stating an impression by saying what you'd like changed, but that's not really the point of this thread.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #927
Rookie

Oh... okay thanks
Old 07-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #928

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Just had CRAZY game. Same sliders as I use all the time but this time, I won 17-5!

20 hits, 4 walks(3 of them were hit by pitches,but umpire NEVER warned either team) and 5 home runs! Lawrie with 2HR and 5RBI, Bautista with 2HR and 6RBI(including a grand slam).

I had an 8 run 2nd inning!

Probably the best offensive game I've had in any baseball game I've ever played(on a hard difficulty with no cheap slider adjustments)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »