Home

NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #105
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
EA kills me with all the "new features" they advertise for their games. Not a 2k fanboy, but there's nothing on this list that they haven't already done years ago. I used to love NBA Live, and I'd really like to see them make another run to keep the heat on 2k and give everybody a better experience. That being said, considering how god awful their attempts at a basketball sim have been the past few years, along with the fact that they're attempting to jump to next-gen, I'm gonna have to do 2k this year and see how things pan out next year, when hopefully the new consoles are cheaper and some of the kinks have been worked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #106
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Agreed, 2k has left the sim-door, so to speak, wide open. There really hasn't been a sim basketball game since Live has been absent. 2k went in the casual direction to capitalize on Live's fan base I believe.

But yea, if Live can deliver a game with core simulation gameplay, something positive that they can build on, then they have succeeded in my book.
2K12 was a very sim game. It had flaws but to me it was the simmest 2K to date.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #107
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3
they do look skinny. but the truth is, they are skinny in real life. thats what we dont notice. football players are big dudes. pure and simple. even the thin dudes are buff to some degree.
hoop players are RAIL THIN a lot of times. i remember after kobe tweeted a pick of him with some other guys on crutches after he injured his achilles. everyone thought he lost all of the weight on that foot. he just had the cast on for like 2 days. people didnt realize how THIN his legs really were.

So the skinny EA guys are actually more realistic. the biggest issue with the skinny look, is that it looks GENERIC. its one thing to be thin but with features that match the person not just in face but arm size, leg size, waist, shoulders, etc(i mean can you tell marion is marion with his high shoulders? probably not, but you should be able to see that kind of detail.)
if the gameplay is good i can look past that but they should work on it the year after
Old 07-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #108
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
no just no
Old 07-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #109
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Neh, definitely not. Id have to say any of them between 2k8-2k10.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 07-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree with what alot of people are saying and I hope Live just goes for Sim community and makes a Good basketball game that folks with knowledge about the game can use it to compete, I'm really good at 2k but as a sim baller its crazy how you get pointed out because you run 10-15 plays and slow game down because you play real ball instead of Run around with a Superstar and exploit him in 2k. I have a good feeling about live this year. Models can always be tinkered with but If you notice it seemed as if Kyrie was the only polished Model all others were pretty generic looking ie Paul, Jordan.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #111
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Block shots with everything besides hands lol.

I need something a little different from 2k. Im hoping if the mentioned features are done right, we might have something to look forward to in the future. I just hope it will be a great base and decent start.

I havent played something I would consider sim since 2k10 and Live 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #112

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Block shots with everything besides hands lol.

I need something a little different from 2k. Im hoping if the mentioned features are done right, we might have something to look forward to in the future. I just hope it will be a great base and decent start.

I havent played something I would consider sim since 2k10 and Live 10.
You mean the game with 70% shooting percentages out of the box that topped off at bout 60% after all patches ? There was ZERO paint contact out of the box and that is not a exaggeration. Help defense was pure crap and the game was a dunkfest. Then add the fact that jumpshots were hit too consistently with anyone even on HOF. Nothing sim about 2K10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »