Home

NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #97
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Hopefully that surprise is that we have a halftime show and the option to chose different broadcast teams
Old 06-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #98
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Also, i just pray tendencies will reflect in dynasty. I know guys change their game every now and then but i dont want to see wade have 118 3point attempts in january
Old 06-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #99
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Hopefully that surprise is that we have a halftime show and the option to chose different broadcast teams
Yeah, I love half-time shows. I still watch the half-time show every time I play 2K7. I think in this day and age, every sports game should have a half-time show with stats, clips and commentary.

I don't know what Elite's half-time show was supposed to be like, but if they did something good there, I sure hope they can bring it back and make it even better.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Yeah, I love half-time shows. I still watch the half-time show every time I play 2K7. I think in this day and age, every sports game should have a half-time show with stats, clips and commentary.

I don't know what Elite's half-time show was supposed to be like, but if they did something good there, I sure hope they can bring it back and make it even better.
I wouldn't mind them bringing back the National Anthem for the finals.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman232
I know i might be feeding into the hype, but Live might actually be on to something here. I know you can't judge a game without gameplay, but they do seem like they want this to be sim. Just glad to see Live is back and there might be more innovation between EA and 2K.
i agree with this as well. i have a feeling EA is going with sim.

their best bet is to go the SIM route first. and dont expect to sell 500k copies. dont expect anything. try to get critical acclaim for a great attempt at a sim hoop game. if that happens, build on it the following year. its not about 2k at all at this point. that 3rd year is when you start thinking about sells and possibly "casual gamers" but DO NOT go overboard like they did in the past which turned nba live to an arcade game.

create game thats SIM at the core. so you now get SIM as your core gamers. then you build out. dont build out to the casual gamers then try to billed in for Sim gamers. not going to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #102
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Live seems to trying to market directly to the sim market, and hope that it can grow from there. That's a risky move, but it could actullay work out for them. However, I'm still not sure why Live has had such a huge problems with player models in their games. They don't seem to have that problem in any other sports game produced by Ea, for some reason the players always look extremly skinny on the live products.
they do look skinny. but the truth is, they are skinny in real life. thats what we dont notice. football players are big dudes. pure and simple. even the thin dudes are buff to some degree.
hoop players are RAIL THIN a lot of times. i remember after kobe tweeted a pick of him with some other guys on crutches after he injured his achilles. everyone thought he lost all of the weight on that foot. he just had the cast on for like 2 days. people didnt realize how THIN his legs really were.

So the skinny EA guys are actually more realistic. the biggest issue with the skinny look, is that it looks GENERIC. its one thing to be thin but with features that match the person not just in face but arm size, leg size, waist, shoulders, etc(i mean can you tell marion is marion with his high shoulders? probably not, but you should be able to see that kind of detail.)
Old 07-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #103
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

If live 14 comes out with an innovative and in depth association mode, right down to realistic stats and CPU team building, then damn they might just convert me from 2k. But thy HAVE to make sim a priority. As some people have said it won't work for them if they start out trying to appeal to casuals and them sim. It has to be sim at the core.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #104
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
If live 14 comes out with an innovative and in depth association mode, right down to realistic stats and CPU team building, then damn they might just convert me from 2k. But thy HAVE to make sim a priority. As some people have said it won't work for them if they start out trying to appeal to casuals and them sim. It has to be sim at the core.
Agreed, 2k has left the sim-door, so to speak, wide open. There really hasn't been a sim basketball game since Live has been absent. 2k went in the casual direction to capitalize on Live's fan base I believe.

But yea, if Live can deliver a game with core simulation gameplay, something positive that they can build on, then they have succeeded in my book.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »