Home

NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-28-2013, 03:23 AM   #49
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
The "shall I go on" part does come off kind of cocky. That's fine as long as you can support that confidence with something to back it up. That can be history or something new to show. He had neither. And his list was kind of weak considering some of those items are in 2k as well. But forget that point: Most if that list was supposedly what was going to make Elite. Different buzzword, but same promises.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

Like everything else...Just wait and see. No point jumping to any conclusions before we've seen any gameplay.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

Just like the whole dribble engine thing, all these features sound very promising, but potentially overly ambitious for a complete reboot. EA seems to understand what all basketball games couldn't pull off so far and goes into the right direction, but can they really make it work on the first try? Not so sure about that. I mean team specific styles are a fantastic idea, but Live 14 would be pretty much the first sports game executing this concept properly. Nobody could do it right until now.

Just look at how 2k implemented differences between players and teams so far. Until 2k11, playcalling was hardcoded to fit default rosters, meaning that years deep into franchise mode, the Lakers will still call most plays for their SG even if their main option is playing another position. Then they included touches, which is broken even in 2k13. No real progress there for basically a decade. If you ignore presentation and animations, gameplay is just as one dimensional as in the PS2 days. It looks much more real today, but the mechanics are as flawed as ever.

What I'm saying is that EA's direction sounds awesome, but right now they're promising a lot of things that never worked. 2k couldn't do it. EA couldn't do it with other franchises. Restart a FIFA CPU vs CPU game on higher difficulty levels a few times and the exact same play will happen over and over again. It's pathetic. Maybe Live 14 will be different, but I'm still skeptical.

Last edited by mango_prom; 06-28-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #52
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
I am honestly just really excited to get a new basketball game and play it. I always like NBA Live, thought 2k was better, but still enjoyed it. I am 100% getting the EA Sports PS4 Bundle including Madden, FIFA, and NBA Live.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #53
All Star

OVR: 35
Jeff Van Gundy? No thanks.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sounds like its going to be an awesome game. Of course that is if you actually believe everything this guy is saying. Going by EAs track record with their b-ball games gives me pause....
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #55
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKilla13
ESPN presentation. I am now paying attention
Live 13 was set to have ESPN presentation. So was Elite. This is nothing new.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #56
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Competition competition competition...I'm an avid 2k fan both NFL and NBA but competition is good for gamers as a whole.

Hopefully the Live team puts out a decent product that forces 2k to up the ante again.
This is what's it's about competition. I am a NBA Live Fan that converted over to 2K when 360/PS3 launch. I love what 2k has to offer but they need another game out to keep them on their toes just like Madden does. I'm pulling for NBA to give a strong gameplay showing on the court. If your a 2k fan you should be hoping for the same thing. I like what I hear fix the player models and we might have something.

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4
"For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream." -Emmitt Smith

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »