Home

Baseball Games Shut-Out at E3

This is a discussion on Baseball Games Shut-Out at E3 within the Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Baseball Games Shut-Out at E3

At the dawn of the current season, I wrote an article covering the possible futures for video game baseball. I had hoped to be able to revisit that article following E3, providing you with information on the newest hardball game from EA, 2K, or someone else.

Unfortunately, the news wasn’t just thin--it was non-existent.

Read More - Baseball Games Shut-Out at E3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm pretty certain that historically, there has never been a Baseball announcement made at E3. Even Sony, who has one of the more popular sports games franchises does little else than feature a 3-5 second clip in a sizzle reel. Once they moved Tiger from their previous fall release schedule to the Spring, EA stopped focusing on that game. Spring games, especially something that just released 1-3 months doesn't really warrant a mention at the conference.

If you really want to make a splash, you make mention of a new baseball game during the playoffs (look what 2K does with their NBA series)
Old 06-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
It's unfortunate but we are down to two sports that actually have competition: Soccer and Basketball.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
It's unfortunate but we are down to two sports that actually have competition: Soccer and Basketball.
There were three tennis games at one time in 2011-12 (Virtua Tennis, Top Spin and Grand Slam Tennis)
Old 06-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11
I know competition is good but the show really has the sport on lock down right now, companies right now are scared to put money into it , knowing they will probably get crushed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Is it just a "we have football, soccer and hockey well under control, don't waste energy on sports we know we will lose anyway!". 2K did to EA with basketball what EA did to 2K with hockey, they simply beat them down. EA's trying to get back in the basketball market, and maybe they will. On the other side, 2K's clearly out of it for a long time in the hockey market.

I maybe wrong, but for EA to get back people who have left for MLB The Show, it would take almost a miracle. Most people have been playing MLB the show for a while and most people like it. Maybe, and it's just maybe, EA's waiting to see if MLB The Show suffers from lack of competition making SCEA lazy and just happy with the success they had to come out with something that makes us drop our jaw.

I may be totally wrong, as usual on the topic...:-)
Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
This is very disappointing. I am a long time player of The Show and appreciate the expertise they bring but I was hoping someone would step up and provide something different preferably along historical lines. Competition is the best, I feel for any game.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I really don't expect to see any baseball related trailers to pop up until around the World Series. That being said, announcing the return of MVP baseball or a revamped 2K game would have gotten a lot of people excited. A 30 second trailer would have done the trick. Personally, I'm going from the 360 to ps4 with a major deciding factor being a quality baseball game. Huge baseball fan and extremely disappointed with 2K on the 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball »