Home

E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #33
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That aint nothing but a double cross over man

Players don't have signature dribble moves and quite frankly, im tired of EA still talking about dribbling and control. Just show me the game in action. All of this ducking and tip toeing around the controls stuff again is just too open wounded to show you're serious about stepping back in the arena.

Lets see some meat. Its been nothing since 2009
I ain't defending this ****

I'm just pointing out that Tim Hardaway had as close to a signature dribble as possible (in terms of being a go to move).
Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #34
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I think it was called Live 365 ?? It updated everyday.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
My #1 concern is that it will be way too easy to pull off dribble moves and highlight real plays... much like madden it seems like the "sim" aspect of the game is going to get pushed to the side, in favor of a more arcade "ish" highlight film game...
I totally agree and this is what EA loves. EA lies to their fans about pushing for a sim game. They even went on record saying NBA LIVE will be more sim than 2K. I knew this was a joke because EA is scared to put sim anything out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I totally agree and this is what EA loves. EA lies to their fans about pushing for a sim game. They even went on record saying NBA LIVE will be more sim than 2K. I knew this was a joke because EA is scared to put sim anything out.
Lol, I love how people like to call one game sim and the other arcade when neither are close to sim, unless sim means lot's clunky animations and accurate tatt's.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #37
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
So Live really believes they can compete with 2K, that's cute.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2
Icon9 Re: E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Players do have dribbling tendencies and differences. If they can replicate that great. A center doesn't crossover like a guard does.

Dribbling is very important and the meat of a basketball game along with. We are hearing about because the system is apparently improved from live 10. And once again nothing has been released in years so they have to start somewhere.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #39
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Players do have dribbling tendencies and differences. If they can replicate that great. A center doesn't crossover like a guard does.

Dribbling is very important and the meat of a basketball game along with. We are hearing about because the system is apparently improved from live 10. And once again nothing has been released in years so they have to start somewhere.
At the same time though they've been regurgitating the same stuff from older games... Im not knocking them, but how many times do we need to hear: new dribbling, synergy, update daily. While nice, those weren't issues.
The meat of their issues has been gameplay, animation, and that's across multiple games(Live/Madden). I guess the ignite engine will try to fix across games.

The homers in this thread, don't ever point that out though. That's why the Live series has been stagnant. Homers don't speak up, and when the disgruntled do, the homers say its complaining, etc.

I will def check out the Live demo, already paid off 6 copies of the other game(3cg/3ng). Hopefully 1 day Live will get my business again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 06-12-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #40
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
I'll be buying both NBA games, I think it will be an NBA Live 10/ NBA 2k10 situation, where both games have great and horrible aspects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »