Home

Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
The missing features were a loss but I don't think such a loss that it made CCM inferior to it's former counterparts.
I do. Enough that I wouldn't spend my $'s on it. Again, it's opinion.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #50
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Apologies for that, its bad etiquette. I didn't comment on the other two paragraphs because I agree entirely.
Not a problem, I was likely a bit more defensive than I should have been.

Quote:
It seems that the difference lies in how vocal we are about the lack of progression. It would be idiotic to deny that there have been improvements, but the improvements are not relative to the rest of the gaming landscape. The business practices of EA put a sour taste in the mouth, meaning it is hard to even want to appreciate the improvements.
I can understand this but you'd have to see it from my perspective I guess. I've spent year after countless year complaining about this game and the poor handling of the basic details and intricacies by EA/Tiburon. And quite frankly, I just get tired of it. I get tired of constantly feeling so negative about their work on a game that I should love. So every year when the new game comes out, rather than spend my time criticizing them over what I think they should be doing, I wait until I play the game myself and then I come to a conclusion. It's just a lot less exhausting that way. And if I do it that way, I don't already have a negative outlook on the game when I start playing it.

Quote:
For me, it comes down to whether or not there is a valid excuse for the progression we've seen vs progression from other titles or even previous gen Madden and quite frankly, there isn't.
I think you're absolutely spot on with this. My point was more evolved around the fact that there has been some progression. But your point that the progression in the specified date range isn't adequate is spot on.

Quote:
CCM is indeed an improvement on Franchise and Superstar, but a marginal one. For the inclusion of CCM (and the melding of Franchise, Superstar and now Owner modes) we have seen the continued absence of an injury system, player morale, notable draft improvements etc. etc. Superstar mode within CCM has seen the same neglect that it always has, completely ignoring the opportunities for an immersive mode. Franchise within CCM likewise. Now we get a 'deeper' Owner mode while the other modes are still shallow as ****.
I agree, CCM still has a ton of room to grow. Hopefully we'll see that growth over the next few games.

Quote:
I like the idea of CCM, especially that it enables the same features for a 32 team Online Franchise as it does for a single player Offline one and I can understand the idea of implementing it so that one mode can be fixed and improved upon, directly impacting all the other modes.. Thats smart and something you don't often see from EA.

The issue lies in the inclusion of a 'splash' feature like Owner mode, which definitely has a market, but that its inclusion is at the expense of a deeper version of the other two, arguably more important, game modes.
I think we're mostly in agreement on this one. With that said, I don't think they've completely left CCM alone. I expect we'll see many of the issues we had last year fixed, given that they're so simple to fix.

Quote:
It seems that the Madden after Madden 25 will be the barometer to really gage the success of CCM and this dev team. If, on the next gen, CCM is gone or bare bones and then Madden 15/26 (whatever the ****) is only going to re-establish what we get now, public attitude towards EA will continue to sink into the depths of the abyss. They would be indicating a nigh on criminal reversion to the same tactics of 5 steps backwards, 2 steps forward and I would hope that someone with some legal knowledge and a great deal of cash would sue them to high hell for it.
I couldn't agree more. I'm honestly surprised that they're implementing anything new this year. Next year when new gen has been out for a year is when I expect them to set the mark for what this franchise is going to be. Madden 15/26 will be the make or break game in the Madden series.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #51
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
The issue lies in the inclusion of a 'splash' feature like Owner mode, which definitely has a market, but that its inclusion is at the expense of a deeper version of the other two, arguably more important, game modes.
I'm hoping their approach is to do one "splash" item a piece for one gameplay item and one presentation from now on, as long as they are things worthy to remain in the game year on year, that they can build on next gen (personally, not sure Run Free won't end up being vision cone). That approach would satisfy the marketing need for the mass audience, and insulate them from knee jerk "roster update" criticisms, etc.

But then, simultaneously and more importantly, I want them to keep building each year with future years in mind, like any consistently successful NFL franchise would. That means things like new basic code, new database structures, consolidating management of modes as CCM/CFM does, and rapidly eliminating these legacy bugs and longstanding "little things" we all know so well.

Because there are so many "little things" littered throughout the game, together they are a Big Thing. And hopefully a refresh on the game for nextgen will allow them to stop fixing one thing while making another thing worse every year, which gets to the whole annual progression issue.

They've invested a lot in preparing for nextgen over the last two years, doubling staff head counts and such. Maybe that's a thin excuse for some iffy progress over the last two years, as they are doing a lot of basic work and in a way developing for two games at once. That's why, to me, the big launch to watch for in Madden is not in August, but November.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 06-06-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #52
Rookie

Ford74's Arena

OVR: 0

The main thing I want back is custom audible and playbooks in Online Franchise!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4
there was editing in Maden 12 that allowed you to change players postitions
Old 06-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4
Uhhhhh.....I'm not being rude, but why are people having fights on a forum about Madden 25....That's what Facebook's for.....
Old 06-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #55
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozair Hussain
Uhhhhh.....I'm not being rude, but why are people having fights on a forum about Madden 25....That's what Facebook's for.....
Wait, I thought Facebook was for adding people of the opposite sex you do not know, and then trying to talk them in to sending you naked pics of themselves?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1
there have to be routes that Wrs can run to break free from man press. How many times have you played the 49ers and all someone did was play man press the whole game. Big receivers should be able to get off the line and guys with quick 1st steps should make a DB pay for playing too close. On read option plays sometimes the outside linebacker(3-4 defense) is being read not the DE. QB avoidance needs to be fixed I feel like your only option when dropping back to pass and being blitzed is to ground it or throw it up for grabs,these agile qb's have real moves in the pocket(spin,juke,tailback type moves). More strip sacks,QB's don't have the greatest carrying attributes and alot of the defensive players are going for these tomahawk strips sacks not just the Ko hit. I want to see the dline get results when they perform stunts and when guys like JJ Watt and Suh power rush,I want to see the o line get pushed back. Certain guys should be considered athletes and should be able to line up in certain positions regardless of formation. Guys like Brad Smith,Denard Robinson,Josh Cribbs should be allowed to line up at QB,WR,RB in any formation. Can you allow Percy Harvin to line up as a tailback bcuz if you can't use him as a tailback your not able to utilize his full potential,that's why he left Minny duhhhhhhhh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »