Home

Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #33
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
The 'what's hot' list strikes me more as 'what's tepid'...

Not too excited about seeing things we expect to be in the game returning as 'new features' again.
I'm so sick of hearing this.

Maybe if someone from EA said "Okay, we admit it, we screwed up with Madden 06" (and they DID screw up, I admit that), maybe these comments will stop.

Or not. Some people are never happy, throwing out the donut because of the hole.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #34
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
I'm so sick of hearing this.

Maybe if someone from EA said "Okay, we admit it, we screwed up with Madden 06" (and they DID screw up, I admit that), maybe these comments will stop.

Or not. Some people are never happy, throwing out the donut because of the hole.
Why are you so sick of hearing this?

Is it not true?

Were the vast majority of these features not included in Maddens from less than 2 years ago?

Why are you taking exception so specifically to my opinion?
You're acting as if I should be grateful they took out a bunch of features I and many others enjoyed, only to put them back in and market them to us like they're innovative.

Am I missing something? I'm genuinely confused.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #35
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
What's not: The lack of in-depth info for presentation and Franchise/CCM.

Thought May 20th was going to be the day for ALL of the info to be dropped. Some, but not all.........
Now we get a little more, but have to wait for details on certain aspects of the info released.

Still waiting for:

46 man Gameday Rosters (a weekly NFL decision) (NFLHC 09 had this)
8 Man Parctice Squads (all teams use the P.S.)
Injuries - Can they carryover to the next year? (NFLHC 09 had this) Can injuries happen during practice? Can they happen during the offseason (player fell off a ladder while working at home).

Overall Audio, will it change year to year? Will my QB who was in his 10th year NOW be in his 11th year.
Will a team be called the Defending Super Bowl Champs.
Will the presentation have stat overlays and audio on that player.
Will keys to the game be talked about?
Injuries to players & Injuried players (key players) be shown on sidelines in streets (w/stats up on screen), then move to his replacement (w/stats on screen).

Just a touch of the details everyone wants & CAN BE DONE, should already be in the game.

News Center fixes:

Went for my 2nd Super Bowl and it was saying that I was going for my 1st Super Bowl? Yeah........

It's the little things, if it's a bug, then hopefully it's fixed

Will trades be more detailed when posted, Especially during the draft! Key little thing.

Why do teams trade up? Had a team trade up into the 1st rd (giving up next years 1 & this years 5rd). They selected a safety.........2 years later in my CCM that safety does not start for that team. smh.

Checked rosters in Pre-Season. Some teams carrying 3 QB's, a few carrying 4, the rest carrying 2 and ONE team carrying one QB. It's pre-season, teams usuallyhave 3-4 QB's

How the AI/CPU handles the roster in Pre-Season is key.......becomes a mess. Starters still playing in the 2nd half at different positions. Fixed?
The little things are the key to it all in making the game have replay value. Like now a nit fir me is It doesnt record probowls superbowl or superbowl M.V.P's won by player in there award history.It should say Superbowl Champion and the year it was won as well as probowls with the year that player made it. Yeah its a over lookedthing because ppl like the Team just play and dont go deep into the players careers like my self.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #36
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Hot= The return of Owner Mode and all the changes they have made to Connected Franchise on and offline.

Not= Run Free and the running in general: foot-planting is still not right, still some instances of turn-table running and sliding. And I have not seen one video showing off studder steps before a ball carrier makes a move. And I am not even going to get into the running animations.

This is why I am waiting to see Madden 25 the next-gen consoles next week.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #37
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

A good Madden on PC would sell plenty enough to justify the release IMO.
Release a crappy game and yeah it won't sell.
With the next gen closer to PC type specs getting a PC version should be easier but we'll never see it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-06-2013, 02:41 AM   #38
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm glad they limited the options for city relocations, especially with team specific commentary and storylines in franchise. I'd much rather have realistic choices like Brooklyn with realistic commentary than the ability to move the team to Gotham City with generic commentary.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #39
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Why are you so sick of hearing this?

Is it not true?

Were the vast majority of these features not included in Maddens from less than 2 years ago?

Why are you taking exception so specifically to my opinion?
You're acting as if I should be grateful they took out a bunch of features I and many others enjoyed, only to put them back in and market them to us like they're innovative.

Am I missing something? I'm genuinely confused.
Let me clarify.

First off, no, I didn't mean that to be an attack on you personally. I apologize for that.

It's just that it comes across as really miserable and ungrateful--plus I keep seeing it over and over, people saying "So, Madden 2005 then. Gotcha."

Even if that wasn't your intention, if it's INTERPRETED differently, then it doesn't matter what your intention was--perception may not be reality, but it does count for a lot. Just ask the NBA's Roy Hibbert.

What I'm saying is that I'm thankful so much is changing for this year, and that has me really excited for Madden 25. Heck, I actually paid the five bucks earlier today to preorder it at Gamestop--five years ago, I NEVER thought I'd do that for an EA game.

Then again, I didn't play Madden 12, but did get Madden 13--I even started a topic once, asking which I should get, since I hadn't played a Madden game since Madden 2004.

And looking back, yeah, I should have gotten 12. I can see people's problems--but I still find 13 a fun game. Heck, one of my favorite PS1 games has a bug in it that can crash the game if you're not careful (Star Ocean: The Second Story, thankfully fixed in the PSP port). But I still had tons of fun with it.

Look, all I'm saying is that I want people to look on the bright side of this. If you think we should have had these things since Madden 2005, then play Madden 2005.

But how many people are doing that? Really?

Or maybe I just want to pay EA back for the excellent customer service they gave me a few months ago. Who knows.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

...It's just that it comes across as really miserable and ungrateful--plus I keep seeing it over and over, people saying "So, Madden 2005 then. Gotcha."...

...Or maybe I just want to pay EA back for the excellent customer service they gave me a few months ago. Who knows.
I usually don't comment on, what is imo, the misplaced humility of others but I am this time. EA Tiburon making a solid football game and/or providing you with excellent customer service is not some accolade or should be treated like something extraordinary, it's their reasonable service. It's not like EA dropped the price of M25 to $29.99 or customer service gave you a free DLC, that I am aware of, something unexpected like that to truly be humbled by.

By their own admission, it's poor design and form to be taking out features, so when they correct that some years later, that's not the stuff of gratitude. I can see being glad they are back, even acknowledging the fact, "glad Tiburon added this stuff back" but not on the level of acting as if Tiburon went some extra mile for the consumer.

With the exception of physics, we aren't talking about reinventing the wheel here or innovation, this is stuff that people had become accustomed to having in other football games and past Maddens, being added in 2013, that even IF it works, won't raise the bar, won't even get the game back to even because so much other past stuff is still missing, it's just "another step in the right direction". Tiburon seems to really have some consumers twisted up that working long hours and putting out a feature filled game is somehow beyond the call of duty, it's not. To state the obvious, you are entitled to feel however you want about whatever you want but don't try to act like others that don't place Tiburon on a pedestal for getting Madden to where it's at, are ungrateful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »