Home

Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I think the lack of videos is due to them wanting to show off the game on the next gen consoles. Its a bit of a concern for the current gen versions.
Did we get gameplay videos before E3 last year? I feel like E3 is usually when we finally stop getting screen shots and start seeing video but I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
Did we get gameplay videos before E3 last year? I feel like E3 is usually when we finally stop getting screen shots and start seeing video but I could be wrong.
The only video we got before E3 last year was that one where it showed the Steelers and Bengals kick return during the presentation webcast and the physics were "leaked".

In that webcast they mentioned how normally you wouldn't see any kind of actual gameplay videos that early. I think last year spoiled us. This year is no different than the years prior to Madden 13 as far as information being revealed, except that we haven't seen a official presentation reveal yet. I do expect one soon though, in the form of a video instead of a blog based on what Mike Young said, possibly by Friday. At the latest, during E3.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-04-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
Just started!

OVR: 0

Want something in Madden added or fixed?
Old 06-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
No.. no they do not. I do not want CBs playing WR, etc online or anywhere at all unless they are that position. Positions are part of real life and that is the way it needs to be.
You have WR's playing RB, TE's playing WR, CB's playing SS, FS, DE's playing OLB, DT's and DE's switching, OLineman switching positions quite a bit. Positions are anywhere near as set in stone as you think.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #29
Banned

NCAA importing was the main thing i wanted to see. Taking that out killed it for me last year.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #30
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Wasn't sure where to put this but I thought it was relevant to being 'hot' right now at least in terms of being a good sign. If you didn't see, this is an in-game fighter render from EA's UFC game:

Spoiler

I would say it looks just as good, if not a bit better than the CGI trailer we saw at the XBOX One reveal.

Spoiler

Obviously, not trying to put too much into it but I think that it could be a good sign that Madden looks very similar to what we saw, visually, in that trailer. As far as movement is concerned there's really no way of knowing until E3 but the good thing is that it's right around the corner.
It would be awesome if Madden looks like this! But I doubt we'll see it this good looking for a few years, because UFC is two guys in a ring not 22 guys on the field.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Everything feature wise looks great.

It's all about fully functional sliders, penalty system, fully functional autosubs, formation subs sticking every week, CPU AI at a minimum back to M12's capability, and of course IE 2.0 far better tuned and working.

Lots of ifs and ?.

Hope it all works and we finally get the best NFL
game this gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #32
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Hot; player position changes (only because the limit to offseason and CPU is going to do it too, fingers crossed that CPU does it well), changes to audible system that work for both offense/defense

Moderate; custom playbooks useable in CFMs, owner mode returns finally, "footplanting" looks to be universal (can't be hot until they show me)

Not; no custom sub packages, still no in-game saves, no word on ability to skip/sim practice and still have backups get some XP, OL/DL wasn't completely overhauled, WR/DB interactions not even mentioned by EA, no word from EA about routes being hard coded/ route based passing 100% of the time (pass lead changing routes is dumb dumb dumb), zone defense(was it addressed at all?) no word on double team plays being back in playbooks - same with contain plays - where did they go and why?
Custom game plans - can you lock them to CPU teams in multi-user online CFM? Are they even in the game at all? AI play call logic - huge M13 issue and barely mentioned by EA

I could go on and on, but the more I think about it, the more NOTs there are at this point - not that it means much, maybe some is just not "news" worthy in EA's POV, but color me worried at the moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »