Home

First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

This is a discussion on First Look at NBA Live Xbox One within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #241
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

The only ones who brought up 2K are Live fans who get upset when others point out where EA is lacking.

- Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #242
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
I agree with sportjames

That said many agent here just to bash ea but it's a thrown together cgi piece by their own admission and it looks bad and should be noted

Galaxy Note 2
Old 06-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
OK, got you.

Anyway, Am I the only one who thinks players in Elite moved better then they did in 13? Animations in Elite didn't look good, to me, but the players moved better than in 13.

I really hope 14 is smooth and the movement is more realistic. It has to be there, it should be the base.

They have to start with a good product on next-gen, otherwise it'll take them again years to put together a good game. The sooner they realize what the issues are and fix them - the better.

As far as the movement part of your post goes, I think I know what your talking about and yes I would agree, put don't expect many others to have the same sentiment. One thing I really missed though was the turbo button.

On the bold part of your post is a big yes, they can't come in and treat this like Madden or Live of of old and run the hype train with slick buzz words and bs trailers and interviews with athletes and producers that have nothing to say really beyond " if it's in the game it's in the game".

They've already cut their throat with this gen over the past few years, and not releasing for current consoles but opting to just go with next gen put's them in a bring it big or don't bring it at all position IMO.

And here's why I say that, looking from their point of view 2k has the current gen consoles locked up as far as sales go, I don't know yet if 2k will release on the next gen but if they do EA will have a fight that will be hard for them to get up off the mat with, and right now EA'S face down bleeding badly, peoples hate for them is at an all time high, and even with all 2k's flaws they are ready to give 2k the benefit of the doubt. Live can't come out and be on par with 2k's current gen or just slightly improved, it's going to have to knock peoples sock's off, If it were to come out for the current gen I could make a case for buying it, even if it wasn't up to par with 2k, but to go out and buy a next gen console to play a sub par game NO!

Can you imagine the egg on EA's face if 2k's current gen wipes the floor withe EA's next gen, that they have been IMO prepping for over the last three years, EA can't let this game go to print without having the goods... they won't sell a freaking copy on the few next gen's out there, EA's arrogant not stupid, look at how they've managed Madden this gen, they've made quite a few coins from a piss poor product... they know what their doing, they have to come out strong, no way around it.

It may be wishful thinking I don't know, but I'm really ready for something to get us out of this rut we've been in with current gen Bball games, It's time for the next step... EA, 2k, whoever it is I don't care... just bring it!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #244
Rookie

Surely it cant be too long before we hear that they have cancelled the game again? tick tock.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #245
Banned

OVR: 12

NBA Live 2006

NBA Live 2014

You be the Judge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #246
Rookie

I don't know why some people here say people 'hate' EA, or at least the NBA Live franchise.

People laugh at the franchise at what it once was and how quickly they had fallen. People laugh at fanboys who hold so dearly onto NBA Live like their only child.

Would personally love to see NBA Live come out on next gen with a solid product, but let's face it the odds of EA bringing out an equally good NBA game to 2k are very very long. Would love to see them succeed and change up what we as fans are expecting but I won't hold my breath.

Right now the odds on for NBA Live is on par with what they did exactly last year. Crappy still images, followed by some hype and promises followed by delays and promises and delays and promises and delays and promises and cancelled for another "3 year" endeavour.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #247
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
NBA Live 2006

NBA Live 2014

You be the Judge
Both pics are pre rendered so it has nothing to do with what we'll see on the console.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #248
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Does anyone know how much time they had to work on this next-gen title? I mean, when did they (and everyone else) receive those kits, or whatever they need in order to develop games?

Last edited by youvalss; 06-07-2013 at 07:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »