Home

First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

This is a discussion on First Look at NBA Live Xbox One within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

I have to say I am VERY disappointed that it wont be released for Xbox 360. I understand they are trying to make a SPLASH with the Next Gen Consoles, BUT I for one WONT be buying a Next Gen Console for quite a bit. I mean WHY not get the game right on the Current Consoles, then improve upon it for the Next Gen ones. How many sales are they losing by ONLY making it for Next Gen? Time will tell, but I DO think they will be losing out on quite a few buyers by Only going Next Gen.

I have also been disappointed with the LACK of USER interaction by BOTH EA and 2k for their 2014 version of their games. I mean last year(2k13) 2k had the event where they let fans come to the event and express their feelings on what needed to be improved(not that they listened, LOL). I mean EA should have jumped ALL over that type of Opportunity and setup something Similar and got the Opinions about WHAT was NEEDED in their upcoming release to MAKE Users WANT to buy their game.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 2

So does anyone like live here? Did I come to the right place? All I see is bashing a d comparisons to other said game. Bottom line, if you liked 10 stick figures and all this next game should be a treat for those that have patiently waited. Could care less what ea has done or hasn't done as far as community wants. Either buy the game or don't. But don't blame them for your basketball misfortunes. You have another game. Us true live fanboys don't.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #107
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
So does anyone like live here? Did I come to the right place? All I see is bashing a d comparisons to other said game. Bottom line, if you liked 10 stick figures and all this next game should be a treat for those that have patiently waited. Could care less what ea has done or hasn't done as far as community wants. Either buy the game or don't. But don't blame them for your basketball misfortunes. You have another game. Us true live fanboys don't.
Like I said clockwork in here. Right down to some random dude who hasn't been here coming in here slinging around the "you guys don't like Live/EA" and bashing and all these other bull**** deflections from the actual issues. You're new here so find out some background on what people really like or don't like before you come in here slinging around terms like you know everybody's history with Live/EA here.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
cgi videos are suppose to make the game look better i thought, if thats the case were in for a rude awakening... cause even the trailer had hunchbacks, laggy stiff jerky animations... so if this was a cgi video as they say, why in the hell is the video having the same fundamental issue that previous game had? If i was todo a cgi video, i for one would have made sure none of the animations looked laggy and the stiffness surely wouldn't have been seen.... SMH at EA, somethings they do and say are just puzzling for such a major franchise or gaming industry
The backs didnt look hunched to me compared to other Lives and I think its hard to tell if animations is jerky when the video keep switching through 4 different games and Live had the shortest clips of them all.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #109
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conda
This is pre-rendered...
That's what I thought from the EA reps responses. The videos shown at the reveal were CGI and thus not representative of the engine. If that's the case, then this story needs updated to reflect it.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I have to say I am VERY disappointed that it wont be released for Xbox 360. I understand they are trying to make a SPLASH with the Next Gen Consoles, BUT I for one WONT be buying a Next Gen Console for quite a bit. I mean WHY not get the game right on the Current Consoles, then improve upon it for the Next Gen ones. How many sales are they losing by ONLY making it for Next Gen? Time will tell, but I DO think they will be losing out on quite a few buyers by Only going Next Gen.

I have also been disappointed with the LACK of USER interaction by BOTH EA and 2k for their 2014 version of their games. I mean last year(2k13) 2k had the event where they let fans come to the event and express their feelings on what needed to be improved(not that they listened, LOL). I mean EA should have jumped ALL over that type of Opportunity and setup something Similar and got the Opinions about WHAT was NEEDED in their upcoming release to MAKE Users WANT to buy their game.
I'm not a developer and don't know jack about this kind of stuff but assuming they tried to make 14 for current consoles could they just port over that to the new consoles next year? It would cost a lot of money to develop a game from the ground up even for the 360 or PS3 no?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #111
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
The backs didnt look hunched to me compared to other Lives and I think its hard to tell if animations is jerky when the video keep switching through 4 different games and Live had the shortest clips of them all.

I can tell you haven't been around here long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #112
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I'm not a developer and don't know jack about this kind of stuff but assuming they tried to make 14 for current consoles could they just port over that to the new consoles next year? It would cost a lot of money to develop a game from the ground up even for the 360 or PS3 no?
I agree. You would think they would want to work out the issues on the Current Consoles, before venturing into the Next Gen. I am not a CPU guru either, but i would think it would be cheaper to Develop a Solid Model then Use it as a Base for Next Gen. I would love for Live to comeback. We NEED to have both EA and 2k making games, so that EACH of them keeps pushing the other to make a better product.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »