Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #97
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Sounds like just an excuse for not getting the uniforms right to me.

Why would it be so important for MLB the Show to follow the style guide, but no other company?

Why would the Show have the color of the nationals road socks and undershirts wrong in 12 but the road undershirt color right in 13 but not the socks? The Nationals edited their style guide to fix the undershirts, but not the socks?

Why would the rockies jersey be correct in earlier versions of the Show, but not this one?

Why would the Rays take their light blue jersey out of their style guide, if they are going to wear them all the time during the season?

I personally don't buy this style guide stuff, but whatever you want to believe, and it's a moot point any ways because at the end of the day, i can't do anything about it, and I'm going to buy the game anyways.
You can't argue with kind of ignorance.

What do they have to gain from not updating the uniforms? Other than being criticized by a bunch of nobodies on the internet that is.

SCEA's limitation due to the style guide/contractual obligations is not new, nor is it that hard to fathom. Why people fail to understand this 6 years later I'll never understand. Other than the fact that there are those out there who like to use the anonymity of the internet to complain for the sake of complaining and to act like they have an inking of a clue as to how things like this work.

See the above quoted post for evidence.

Last edited by bkrich83; 05-22-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #98
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Dude, they haven't changed, it's still the same. Someone posted information you seek earlier and in another thread. You gotta be the only one wondering this because everyone else knows it hasn't changed and it's been the same for a few years now. It's the way progression and regression is. The stats are still the same and still escalating as the years go on. Simulate and find out for yourself...
Okay, "dude." I simulated myself so check this out.

Year 2022...

The team with the highest batting average was the Yankees at .273. Last year (in real life) the highest batting average was the Tigers at .280. I'd say that's pretty close. The worst average in the 2022 simulation was the Marlins at .248. Last year in 2012 the worst team average was .222. Here's the kicker... prior to the 1.23 patch in a 2022 simulation the highest average was .330 and the worst was .297. Not convincing enough? Okay, let's look at ERA.

2022 simulation had the Atlanta Braves at 3.63 (best in the league). Last year the best team ERA was 3.19. While that's up its definitely not inflated to the tune of the league-best 5.50 ERA in 2022 before the 1.23 patch. The worst ERA was 5.26 by the Boston Red Sox. Last year the worst ERA was 5.22 posted by the Colorado Rockies. Pretty close I'd say.

If that's not enough let's look at RBIs. Last year the team with the most RBIs in the Majors was the Texas Rangers. They had a total of 780 runs batted in. In the 2022 simulation the Detroit Tigers had the league's most RBIs at 884. You might say that 104 more RBIs is cause for concern. However, if you look at recent totals it is completely believable. In 2011 the Red Sox had 842 RBIs, and if you go back to 2006 the New York Yankees had over 900 RBIs. And in the years from 2006 to 2012 there were teams in the mid-to-upper 880's in RBIs. So 884 is not that far fetched at all.

So let's summarize...

You say that "everyone else knows it hasn't changed." Well, hopefully now they realize (including you) that perhaps it has changed. One can definitely still argue that stats are "escalating" but if you compare the manner and degree in which this escalation was taking place prior to the 1.23 patch and look at the results after the patch I think it is difficult to deny that something was tweaked.

Again, to go from a league best 5.50 ERA to a 3.63 and a league worst batting average of .297 to .222, I think this is quite a difference. Now I'm sure that you'll come back with some kind of sarcastic retort that tries to make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about but I suggest that you take your own advice and "simulate and find out for yourself."

Really the only thing we're missing to further solidify this proof is a comment from Russell or someone from SCEA stating that this "balancing issue" was addressed in the 1.23 patch.

By the way, I hope I3RIS3H, G3no_11 and bigp51 "like" these apples.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

Last edited by Gagnon39; 05-22-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #99
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You can't argue with kind of ignorance.

What do they have to gain from not updating the uniforms? Other than being criticized by a bunch of nobodies on the internet that is.

SCEA's limitation due to the style guide/contractual obligations is not new, nor is it that hard to fathom. Why people fail to understand this 6 years later I'll never understand. Other than the fact that there are those out there who like to use the anonymity of the internet to complain for the sake of complaining and to act like they have an inking of a clue as to how things like this work.

See the above quoted post for evidence.
You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to my opinion, and you're ignorant for not realizing that. So keep drinking the kool-aid.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #100
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to my opinion, and you're ignorant for not realizing that. So keep drinking the kool-aid.
Has nothing to do with opinions or kool-aid. The facts are quite simple here, some people fail to be able to process them for whatever reason. Just the way it goes, the world needs ditch diggers too.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #101
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I do like these apples. Much better to just do it yourself than to give attitude on here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #102
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
I do like these apples. Much better to just do it yourself than to give attitude on here.
Check out Threebs' comments for an attitude.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #103
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Check out Threebs' comments for an attitude.
Probably shouldn't call people out when you were the one originally giving the attitude.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #104
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Okay, "dude." I simulated myself so check this out.
Quote:

Year 2022...

The team with the highest batting average was the Yankees at .273. Last year (in real life) the highest batting average was the Tigers at .280. I'd say that's pretty close. The worst average in the 2022 simulation was the Marlins at .248. Last year in 2012 the worst team average was .222. Here's the kicker... prior to the 1.23 patch in a 2022 simulation the highest average was .330 and the worst was .297. Not convincing enough? Okay, let's look at ERA.

2022 simulation had the Atlanta Braves at 3.63 (best in the league). Last year the best team ERA was 3.19. While that's up its definitely not inflated to the tune of the league-best 5.50 ERA in 2022 before the 1.23 patch. The worst ERA was 5.26 by the Boston Red Sox. Last year the worst ERA was 5.22 posted by the Colorado Rockies. Pretty close I'd say.

If that's not enough let's look at RBIs. Last year the team with the most RBIs in the Majors was the Texas Rangers. They had a total of 780 runs batted in. In the 2022 simulation the Detroit Tigers had the league's most RBIs at 884. You might say that 104 more RBIs is cause for concern. However, if you look at recent totals it is completely believable. In 2011 the Red Sox had 842 RBIs, and if you go back to 2006 the New York Yankees had over 900 RBIs. And in the years from 2006 to 2012 there were teams in the mid-to-upper 880's in RBIs. So 884 is not that far fetched at all.

So let's summarize...

You say that "everyone else knows it hasn't changed." Well, hopefully now they realize (including you) that perhaps it has changed. One can definitely still argue that stats are "escalating" but if you compare the manner and degree in which this escalation was taking place prior to the 1.23 patch and look at the results after the patch I think it is difficult to deny that something was tweaked.

Again, to go from a league best 5.50 ERA to a 3.63 and a league worst batting average of .297 to .222, I think this is quite a difference. Now I'm sure that you'll come back with some kind of sarcastic retort that tries to make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about but I suggest that you take your own advice and "simulate and find out for yourself."

Really the only thing we're missing to further solidify this proof is a comment from Russell or someone from SCEA stating that this "balancing issue" was addressed in the 1.23 patch.

I'm sorry to break your heart but I can assure you I've never seen any inflated stats like the one's that you're posting from before the latest update. All the numbers you are giving me now from after the latest update are in line with what I've been seeing in franchise mode since update 1.18. In fact in my latest franchise I finished up season 2016 before the latest update and league wide ERA average was 4.08 and after dowloading the latest update, simulating through season 2017, ERA jumped up to 4.27.

Perhaps you are mistakenly spouting off information about pre-update stats in RTTS because like I've said, I've never seen inflated stats like that in franchise mode before this latest update. I've only seen numbers that are in line with what you're claiming to be changed with the latest update... How 'bout them apples!? LMAO...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »