Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #89
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Sounds like just an excuse for not getting the uniforms right to me.

Why would it be so important for MLB the Show to follow the style guide, but no other company?

Why would the Show have the color of the nationals road socks and undershirts wrong in 12 but the road undershirt color right in 13 but not the socks? The Nationals edited their style guide to fix the undershirts, but not the socks?

Why would the rockies jersey be correct in earlier versions of the Show, but not this one?

Why would the Rays take their light blue jersey out of their style guide, if they are going to wear them all the time during the season?

I personally don't buy this style guide stuff, but whatever you want to believe, and it's a moot point any ways because at the end of the day, i can't do anything about it, and I'm going to buy the game anyways.
Ask yourself these same questions and then ask yourself one the big question: Why would SCEA have uniforms that don't match on the field or take away uniforms? I can only think of two answers. The one that makes any sense is the one that Russell somewhat alludes to; that the developers don't look at the actual games to get the uniforms right but instead look at what MLB gives them. We have some of our guys (Knight in particular) that has backed this up in the past.

The other answer is that they just want to piss people off or they want to pull the strings of gamers. Honestly, that answer makes no sense at all and flies in the face of what SCEA has done in the past. They have a home slot, a road slot, a home and road alternate slot, and two throwback slots that are linked in modes like RttS and Franchise, and that's all they got. They have the MLB Style Guide to follow (which does exist and which MLB has a license agreement to bind companies to). They have the Cooperstown Collection that they have to go with in throwbacks. They have a team of lawyers that want to keep the license that they have. When you look at the whole picture, there is only one answer that is plausible.

And it isn't that SCEA wants to **** with its customers.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #90
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Dude, I haven't seen any screens or any evidence of this. In fact the only information I've seen post-patch are stats that seemed more realistic.
Yeah, pretty sure someone was posting the stats of 2019 and beyond a few hours after the patch was released. I also thought that you were commenting after most of the stats updates... so I don't really see what the problem is.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #91
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm running a simulation right now to see it with my own eyes. Right now I'm in 2017 and have yet to see anything abnormal. Stay tuned.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #92
Rookie

JaySwizzlez's Arena

OVR: 1
I don't know if anybody else has this problem, but my T.V. is not capable of running in 720p, and it really ruins the experience. In franchise, pulling up the a player card does not give you the ability to view his potential. This is a big problem for me, and has rendered franchise unplayable to me. I just don't understand how something like that slips through the cracks.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #93
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwizzlez
I don't know if anybody else has this problem, but my T.V. is not capable of running in 720p, and it really ruins the experience. In franchise, pulling up the a player card does not give you the ability to view his potential. This is a big problem for me, and has rendered franchise unplayable to me. I just don't understand how something like that slips through the cracks.
Why is it unplayable? I rarely ever check potential on the player card, I primarily use it for lineups/rotation/pen moves.

Why not just check it in the manage roster screen?

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwizzlez
The PS3 is not capable of delivering games in 1080p. It may be in 1080p mode but it is actually delivering an even worse resolution than 720p. Remember, this is 10-12 year old tech in the PS3, if you bought the components on eBay for a PC they would cost you about $3. Unfortunately, there is nothing SECA can do that Sony has waited so long to upgrade the system. Nothing has slipped through the cracks, the PS3 is just not capable of 1080p.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #95
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought certain games were 1080p?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #96
Rookie

redsoxfan25's Arena

OVR: 5

Is it me or does Sounds of the Show seem to be a bit louder after the update?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »