Home

First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

This is a discussion on First Look at NBA Live Xbox One within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #89
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
2k uses gimmicks to lure people. i want to play basketball, don't care for all that other flashy stuff
I will disagree, everybody plays 2K cause its the only game out there and most people just wanna play a basketball game. I can almost guarantee you, no one bought 2K13 cause of Jay-Z, shirts on a myCareer player, certainly not for any weird feature, they bought cause its a basketball game.

I don't know bout live 14, but if it play like Live 10, which IMO, a great game, its something that can compete with 2K with the right adjustments, people will comeback including myself. But I disagree with the statement "Live is an arcade game," you can actually run plays in live more better than 2K, lol.

Last edited by MarvinOida; 05-22-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #90
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
2k uses gimmicks to lure people. i want to play basketball, don't care for all that other flashy stuff
Get out of here man. What has EA done that brings on the blind loyalty, Especially with this series?

I personally saw NBA Elite after they decided not to listen to the one sane man and his group in the company post Live 10. Carlos Boozer jumping from the Free throw line, Ice Hockey controls, timed jumpshots from anywhere on the court, and a host of buzzword is all EA was about.

I cant even believe you'd sit here and claim how much you love a game that hasnt been worth a dime to even release since freaking 2009 and you come in here bashing a game that you absolutely cannot deny that can boast the best basketball game ever created.

Its not that I hate EA, but its posts like yours that keep giving passes on complete manure while the rest of us are asking for the right thing to be done.

It doesnt even matter if this video like all of the others shoot up tons of red flags or you see players running around like stiff wax statues, it doesn't even matter if the players hardly resemble freaking people, you just want to continue to get stabbed in the backside because of brand loyalty.

and you want me to be convinced this is right and im supposed to believe this is exactly how Paul Pierce looks?

Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Kyrie looks like he is suffering from malnutrition. Disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #92
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Get out of here man. What has EA done that brings on the blind loyalty, Especially with this series?

I personally saw NBA Elite after they decided not to listen to the one sane man and his group in the company post Live 10. Carlos Boozer jumping from the Free throw line, Ice Hockey controls, timed jumpshots from anywhere on the court, and a host of buzzword is all EA was about.

I cant even believe you'd sit here and claim how much you love a game that hasnt been worth a dime to even release since freaking 2009 and you come in here bashing a game that you absolutely cannot deny that can boast the best basketball game ever created.

Its not that I hate EA, but its posts like yours that keep giving passes on complete manure while the rest of us are asking for the right thing to be done.

It doesnt even matter if this video like all of the others shoot up tons of red flags or you see players running around like stiff wax statues, it doesn't even matter if the players hardly resemble freaking people, you just want to continue to get stabbed in the backside because of brand loyalty.

and you want me to be convinced this is right and im supposed to believe this is exactly how Paul Pierce looks?

well 2K has a lot of brand loyalty fans also. I was one of them and just didn't care to play live. I'm just happy EA are back to basketball but you don't see others saying the same thing. All I see is them bashing a CGI clip that's not even the real game. I don't know about the rest of u but i'm sick and tired of up and unders, ball going through players, shot clock cheese, players getting slid over so players can dunk, slid over so players can get a pass, step back 3pt shots that go in 100%, ect. All I want is a great basketball game and don't care who brings it. Just excited to have a choice now or if I get pissed off at one game I can go buy the other. Don't know what's the point of picking out players that don't look like themselves we have tons of players that don't look like themselves in the other game.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #93
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
well 2K has a lot of brand loyalty fans also. I was one of them and just didn't care to play live. I'm just happy EA are back to basketball but you don't see others saying the same thing. All I see is them bashing a CGI clip that's not even the real game. I don't know about the rest of u but i'm sick and tired of up and unders, ball going through players, shot clock cheese, players getting slid over so players can dunk, slid over so players can get a pass, step back 3pt shots that go in 100%, ect. All I want is a great basketball game and don't care who brings it. Just excited to have a choice now or if I get pissed off at one game I can go buy the other. Don't know what's the point of picking out players that don't look like themselves we have tons of players that don't look like themselves in the other game.
For the record this is not a thread for you to come here and complain about NBA 2k...

Its the same old crap every single time. FOCUS

EA decided to show us what they're game would look like, and they are the ones who presented us with this. What you're saying is people arent supposed to sit here and call out the same exact thing that just happened over the last couple of years? They did the same thing last year, look at that pic because that's where it's from, and we had people defending that garbage for days until EA finally came out and said they werent even going to release a game.

This is all about NBA Live and its been YEARS. After all of this time and a new gen coming and the game looks to have alot of the same old issues and players look like theyre in need of life support machines.

There is absolutely no reason act like fellow consumers are at fault here.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #94
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
For the record this is not a thread for you to come here and complain about NBA 2k...

Its the same old crap every single time. FOCUS

EA decided to show us what they're game would look like, and they are the ones who presented us with this. What you're saying is people arent supposed to sit here and call out the same exact thing that just happened over the last couple of years? They did the same thing last year, look at that pic because that's where it's from, and we had people defending that garbage for days until EA finally came out and said they werent even going to release a game.

This is all about NBA Live and its been YEARS. After all of this time and a new gen coming and the game looks to have alot of the same old issues and players look like theyre in need of life support machines.

There is absolutely no reason act like fellow consumers are at fault here.
Well you seem to going a little over board. Remember these only video games. Also it's not like the above poster is wrong. He's actually right.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #95
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Anyone familiar with what they call place holders? I believe the skinny legs and everyone is skinny look is what they are using until they can flesh out the game. Lets be patient till E3 and a lil after to see the direction it is going. I think we are getting a little over excited about this.
Like you said, until we see official gameplay/in-game (untouched?) screenshots, it's hard to tell. But then again, those skinny legs have been there before more than once, actually it was some kind of a signature EA basketball thing.

I sure hope everything we've seen from EA the last couple of years are place holders for something better. Let's just hope they don't forget to replace it with the 'actual' stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #96
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbs2cute
Well you seem to going a little over board. Remember these only video games. Also it's not like the above poster is wrong. He's actually right.
You're wrong for calling me overboard and him right.

This is an EA thread period and point blank.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »