Home

First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

This is a discussion on First Look at NBA Live Xbox One within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
player models are horrible anyone can see that . Kevin love is skinner then a twig!
I guess you haven't heard that Kevin Love lost a ton of weight and really is about that skinny now.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #50
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Wow....this looked really bad in motion at todays event and these screen shots are even worse. I just don't understand what they are doing...wow I hope E3 yields better.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #51
Just started!

NMHD's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

FYI, confirmed by EA Nba account it will only be on Xbox One and PS4.
Quote:
@EASPORTSNBA: @CobraG7 @RazzzzAFC Nope, we'll only be on Xbox One & PS4.
Also, don't judge that video. Seems as it wasn't even close to what they'll be showing at E3.
Quote:
@EASPORTSNBA: @youngced7 Only gen-4 Cedric. The trailer was developed in a pre-rendered video format given the timing & planning required for this event.
People that don't have/ will not buy next gen, or can't afford them don't even have to worry about live. I'll for sure be picking up a Xbox One and Live 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #52
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

As most have said before, it didn't look good at all even though it's a CGI. In my opinion, the only good things from the video were the arena, lightning and the face expressions; the rest looked really bad specially the body models. It's hard for me to believe that NBA Live 06 (which was released 8 years ago) still has better graphics than a CGI trailer of a next gen console; it has better player models, jersey texture and quality, good player faces, lightining and arenas. Here's an example:

Do the Live really check what's wrong with what they have and try to improve that? Maybe I should reserve judgement for later but Live 14 clearly was the weakest part of the trailer.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #53
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
graphics look very current gen to me. but gameplay is far more important IMO...hopefully they nail this part.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2
thinks i saw watching the reveal when it happened
- players/everything have a lack of texture detail (like current gen games, whereas after playing 2k13 on pc, not close)
- faces looked strange even during non facial expression moments
- the dribbling looked atrocious and the scoop-layup that Irving did was damn ugly looking, for a cutscene/video, that looked BAD

honestly hearing Live was going to be shown at the reveal was hoping, even wanting, to see something impressive, but that was pretty bad...@ E3 i want to see gamplay if thats possible, but more than ever I want to see 2K
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
As most have said before, it didn't look good at all even though it's a CGI. In my opinion, the only good things from the video were the arena, lightning and the face expressions; the rest looked really bad specially the body models. It's hard for me to believe that NBA Live 06 (which was released 8 years ago) still has better graphics than a CGI trailer of a next gen console; it has better player models, jersey texture and quality, good player faces, lightining and arenas. Here's an example:

Do the Live really check what's wrong with what they have and try to improve that? Maybe I should reserve judgement for later but Live 14 clearly was the weakest part of the trailer.
you right it does look pretty good base on the time it came out. I never played this game on a hdtv at the time when it came out so never realize how good the graphics was for this game, it actually looks better then live 10 as well smh..they need to build off this and would be good to go lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #56
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I love 06's graphics, except for the player models and arm/forearm/leg proportions (which are so wrong). But the "next-gen" look it had (07 had it too I think)...they don't make 'em like that anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »