Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #65
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.23 Available Now, Details Included

Came to see what the update was since PS+ auto downloads and installs it....seems to be a minor update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #66
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Came to see what the update was since PS+ auto downloads and installs it....seems to be a minor update.
Well, there's still no definitive answer as to whether the patch fixed some issues that were not technically bugs and therefore were left off of the list. Primarily, the inflated offensive numbers are rumored to have been fixed. In another thread there was a forum-goer who posted some post-patch stats from a franchise several years in. The numbers looked remarkably good considering the fact that they were way off before. I've yet to see this for myself and I plan on testing it out to see for myself before too long. I just assumed someone would have already done this.

I'd love to see, as I'm sure many of us would, simulated stats from say, year 2025 in a franchise that WAS ALREADY STARTED prior to the patch.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNailz7
I cant believe this has not been fixed! This is actual gameplay, rather than some of the minor cosmetic things people are complaining about.
I agree, but realize that it might have been too late to make into this patch at the time Woodweaver said a fix was made.

I don't know anything about patch work, no pun intended, but I'm sure there is some sort of early cutoff so that the patch can be bug tested, stability tested, etc... since the last thing you ever want is a patch that creates issues.

But as old as this issue is I definitely share your frustrations...
Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #68
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
This is the last thing I'll say in regards to unis in this thread, I promise:

You are trivializing something by not being honest about what is missing. The complaint isn't about inaccurate throwbacks, the issue is uniforms worn by teams on a regular basis not being in the game or inaccuracies with uniforms regularly worn. These aren't small things, they are entire uniforms that are missing.
Sorry man, I wasn't going after you. It's just some of the numerous uniform questions that are asked on this forum. And trust me, I have a serious issue with one of the Rockies uniforms... (purple sleeves?), but I've basically been told to screw off when asked about it too.

Last edited by G3no_11; 05-21-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #69
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
Sorry man, I wasn't going after you. It's just some of the numerous uniform questions that are asked on this forum. And trust me, I have a serious issue with one of the Rockies uniforms... (purple sleeves?), but I've basically been told to screw off when asked about it too.
I do know that when the Rockies first put out those sleveless black jerseys, they wore purple undershirts. Ever since that first time, they have gone with black. My assumption is that the purple undershirts are in the Style Guide and were never changed since that is how they wore them the first time.

And I understand the frustration of uniform inacuracies. It took years before the Rangers removed the two-toned helmets from the Style Guide that they never wore on the field. That's why they were stuck in the old games for both 2k and the Show. Some people will never understand why SCEA wants to go by the letter of the contract. I'm thankful they do; I'd rather be without the sky blue jerseys of the Rays than not have the Show, no matter what the chances are of them losing the license.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #70
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I do know that when the Rockies first put out those sleveless black jerseys, they wore purple undershirts. Ever since that first time, they have gone with black. My assumption is that the purple undershirts are in the Style Guide and were never changed since that is how they wore them the first time.
That's my assumption too.. it just sucks because they haven't worn purple sleeves with those uniforms since probably 2005. And what really bothers me is that they used to have the correct uniforms in the game a couple of years ago... I would rather them take out the uniforms and put in some different ones (white vests, black sleeves) than to keep uniforms in that are never worn. But anyways, I think the patch has helped my game freezing issue.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #71
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

All this style guide stuff is nonsense, regardless of what anyone wants to believe.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sorry to threadjack all of you style guide guys...(ahem)...but I'm just curious what the most patches are that SCEA has released in one year?

I thought the last one would be the 'last' one. And I definitely feel that this is.
Have they ever patched more than 2 or 3 times?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »