Home

The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

This is a discussion on The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 05-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Oh, and

5. Let me talk trash like in Joe Montana Football!! "Can't stand the heat!" "Where you goin?" "MY TURF!" Ahhh memories....
6. NFL 2K5 style halftime highlights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1
Owner mode please!! I loved doing the off season just as much as playing the actual game!! And it was so simple to understand how much money you made nstead of the stupid pie graphs they have now. I remember retired players would go into the coaching pool so you could hire them. I hired Rich Gannon one year as my OC lol. 10 years on i still have fond memories of Madden 04 & especially 05!! I loved newspapers aswell and the pda thingy. players holding out and ricky williams not turning up for pre season because he was in a movie! lol. please bring some of these features back!!! Its not all about online play you know!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

1/ 32 team control
2/ custom playbooks
3/ in game save (offline only would be fine)
4/ formation subs
5/ player edit (even if only positions/numbers)
Old 05-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 4
Why vision cone was questionable:

1. Everyone picked a team with a high AWR QB. Peyton Manning's cone literally covered the entire field. You didn't even have to move it.

2. The nano heat came so quickly back then, you didn't have time to mess with it much. Most of the time you were just throwing the hot-read anyway to beat the nano.

3. The boost was so minimal (+3 to accuracy if I recall) that it was pointless if you were using a QB with already decent ACC. There was no penalty to base stats for NOT using the cone, you just got a boost if it was over the receiver you were throwing to. Getting +3 was usually not worth the trade-off of taking longer to mess with the right stick . Players were dropping back 10+ yards to get time to move the cone. It was very unrealistic.

It was a neat feature, but I always thought it was pointless and kinda gimmicky. It was like EA's version of first person football.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #85
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0
Tony Bruno show who care ? really it is repititive what matters is gameplay and team management features for me it is exactly the tupe of things that does not give any value to the game.

Cone is indeed one of the best things added to the game to make a difference between QB and makes AWR having an importance. But I doubt it will be back.

Import of NCAA class is nice and hopefully will be back. But the scouting point system is really interesting and a good idea.

Fair play would be great for online games outside of private leagues because really many players are not fun to play even if you push them to disconect because you found the defense which stop their money play.

But for me my main request are related to connected career:
a) I would like to be able to have practice mode in CCM and I dont understand why it is not there.
b) And I would like to be able to play online with my CCM team. Because my Browns after 3 seasons do not look like at all like the ****ty default roster with no LB and no WR

Those two features were available to PC version in league mode (which is equivalent of CCM) and I really do not get why it is not possible to have them in PS3. Come one no free practice mode in CCM really it is annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #86
Rookie

Re: The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
Tony Bruno show who care ? really it is repititive what matters is gameplay and team management features for me it is exactly the tupe of things that does not give any value to the game.

I liked the tony bruno sho, because in combination with the newspapers. it felt like things mattered even when it didnt affect field play (though some things should have) I loved changing my uniform and then on the show he'd mention it and a caller wold comment.
and the fact that its audio frees up screen space. I'd prefer it in replacement/in addition to the twitter feed. It'd be nice to see a radio show like feature in on the next gen consoles. maybe provide for a fully commentated draft
Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #87
Rookie

sbunce5's Arena

OVR: 4
The vision cone was a great idea, it just never caught on with me. If they would just bring back a full owner mode, I'm in.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #88
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

1) User-defined camera
2) In game saves
3) Lead block feature (I loved being and o-lineman and pancaking players
4) Import draft classes
5) Create a player combine (your created player was only as good as you competed in the drills. I think this was in Ps2 Madden 04

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »