Home

The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

This is a discussion on The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

Interesting list. Fair play is a great idea. Tony Bruno show would always get repetitive. Any of those "shows" will eventually become repetitive. Even the Twitter feed gets repetitive, however the twitter feed, as dumb as it is,isn't as annoying as an audio program. I'd prefer the Newspapers. EA can help create a new generation of paper readers.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but proofread that again.
Quote:
New to Madden NFL 2005 was the Tony Bruno radio show. Billed as EA Sports Radio, the Bruno-hosted show played each week, and if users listened to the show they could hear interviews with players and coaches, hear Tony take calls fans, and hear about things happening in the your NFL world
Some constructive criticism.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 05-15-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Fair Play settings would get me back to playing online against random users. The OS leagues are great because you know who you're playing, but sometimes not knowing who I was playing gives me a rush.

BRING IT BACK!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Whaaaaatttt! I loved the tony and Bruno show. Looking I really thought that was 1 of the coolest things madden ever did. It was innovative and ahead of its time. It should be back, with out a doubt in my opinion.

But I think the mini games from ps2 should b back I used to love those. They teach, help sharpen skills, add more things to play, and are quite fun. Same as NCAA, haven't been buying NCAA or madden for may b 3 yrs now so idk if they do or dont but they shud def hav there option minigames or wat ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
Rookie

Oops I said tony and Bruno. Lmao *tony Bruno
Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
I hope they bring back the ability to import our draft classes from NCAA... Good post though I had forgotten about some of these features from past titles.
I wonder if Madden Share will be what enables this if it returns this year. If they did it through an online mechanism they could tune and tweak the process throughout the year as necessary. Basically send your draft class into the cloud and it's processed and available a short time later in Madden.

Of course then the complaint would be that it requires online franchise, etc. People will have to get over the tradeoffs eventually and determine of those features and their requirements warrant the purchase.

If I were to bet I'd guess it isn't coming back though until NCAA adopts a similar CCM-style mode.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

If they replaced Tony Bruno with Mike & Mike I would be all for it. But all of these features would be greatly appreciated. Having options can only be a good thing, especially in the world of sports video games.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #15
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I wouldn't really call this a feature I remember this from Madden 96 and wouldn't mind seeing pictures like this in the newsfeed of a CCM.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I wonder if Madden Share will be what enables this if it returns this year. If they did it through an online mechanism they could tune and tweak the process throughout the year as necessary. Basically send your draft class into the cloud and it's processed and available a short time later in Madden.

Of course then the complaint would be that it requires online franchise, etc. People will have to get over the tradeoffs eventually and determine of those features and their requirements warrant the purchase.

If I were to bet I'd guess it isn't coming back though until NCAA adopts a similar CCM-style mode.
Maybe even allow you to edit the NCAA draft classes before you use them in your CCM? That would be interesting and allow the user to correct some of the things that happen.

There is no reason to not push a NCAA-Madden joint feature. I strictly don't buy NCAA because of how soon Madden comes out after it and there is really no point. If they were to get something where I could play a NCAA season and Madden season at the same time and have both of them work together, that would be incredible. I could give up draft storylines throughout a season and in the draft for something like that. Keep them in with the generated classes though. They must stay in some capacity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »