Home

NBA Live 14 Headed to Next-Gen, Along with the Madden and FIFA Series

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Headed to Next-Gen, Along with the Madden and FIFA Series within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2013, 12:34 AM   #49
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live Could Be Headed to Next-Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ

Just curious, but how does EA kill 2K in the presentation department? I will give you that graphically EA has usually been at the forefront, but presentation?

I always thought that presentation was 2k's bread and butter.
As far as presentation Im referring to lives commentary . I don't like the set up of 2k menu. I do like the modes better and gameplay by far in 2k tho . It's a give and take. We need NBA LIVE 2k14 lol.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
As far as presentation Im referring to lives commentary . I don't like the set up of 2k menu. I do like the modes better and gameplay by far in 2k tho . It's a give and take. We need NBA LIVE 2k14 lol.
Alright, that makes sense then. I agree we need the best of both worlds.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #51

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 14 Headed to Next-Gen, Along with the Madden and FIFA Series

I think 2Ks commentary is better than Live. Live had the same recycled commentary for years. Also Lives arenas look better yea but the players look much better on 2K. Of course this is my opinion. With all that said I'm ready for this game to launch. The more basketball the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #52
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Competition is good from a buyers stand point.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 8

Live needs to be solid.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #54
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Presentation encompasses SO much, I don't know how you can make the statement that one kills the other.

I give you this: Lives menus (flow), crowd audio, and artistic style of the interface (the JayZ influence of 2Ks were a complete miss in my opinion compared to the familiar ESPN influence) are better. But every other area I can not say the same. Those areas include; commentary, camera, ambiance (pregame, post-game, half-time show, etc - the meatiest part of what one would consider "presentation"), cut scenes, sound effects, and music soundtrack. Frankly, I think there's just too much to stake a claim to overall presentation, but to each his own.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 05-16-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #55
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Presentation encompasses SO much, I don't know how you can make the statement that one kills the other.

I give you this: Lives menus (flow), crowd audio, and artistic style of the interface (the JayZ influence of 2Ks were a complete miss in my opinion compared to the familiar ESPN influence) are better. But every other area I can not say the same. Those areas include; commentary, camera, ambiance (pregame, post-game, half-time show, etc - the meatiest part of what one would consider "presentation"), cut scenes, sound effects, and music soundtrack. Frankly, I think there's just too much to stake a claim to overall presentation, but to each his own.
This! 2k took a hit this year because of all the swag gold trimmings....2k12 had little animations of upcoming games which I wanted to see go further in 2k13....like advertising other 2k games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #56
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

On second thought Yup that's pretty much what I'm referring to. I forgot about those other areas like camera angles and cut scenes etc.. menus -and espn integration I like a lot. But yeah as a whole package 2k does have the advantage. damn from startup up to opening tip amd commentary I really do like Lives presentation a lot. Oh well everybody's opinion is their own
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 05-18-2013 at 12:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »