Home

No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16

This is a discussion on No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #49
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
This is where I stand as well. Point out a golf game that has had a significantly better swing mechanic. That game does not exist. I'm not saying Tiger's swing stick mechanic is perfect, just that it does a decent job now that the advanced (diagonal) option exists.

As for putting, it's so hard to nail. I think this year's biggest putting problem is not really with the mechanic (which is probably too forgiving), but with "tournament" speed not being fast enough. I pretty much play with tournament on as a default, and I rarely have the fear of a putt getting away from me. Being above the hole is generally just no big deal.
TW has had barely anything to compete against...so of course it has the best swing mechanic. there is nothing else out there competitively on the console market.

agree on putting.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
TW has had barely anything to compete against...so of course it has the best swing mechanic. there is nothing else out there competitively on the console market.
I hope you aren't suggesting that somehow that is EA's fault......JD Prostroke Golf came out last year and they could not even produce a 360 version as it was PS3 only for the Move and the game failed miserably even though the swing mechanic for the Move I hear was quite good......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #51
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I hope you aren't suggesting that somehow that is EA's fault......JD Prostroke Golf came out last year and they could not even produce a 360 version as it was PS3 only for the Move and the game failed miserably even though the swing mechanic for the Move I hear was quite good......
no, not at all. Golf games are a small market as you know, TW has locked it down over the years. JOb well done by them. As a company, your goal is to increase your market share and hopefully making a great product in the meantime.

I am pointing out that they just dont have competition and that in itself makes their game the best on the market, regardless of personal opinion. So when someone says, "point me out another game that is better in this or that.....", pretty ridiculous statement to make.

look, overall, my points are that even though I have played TW religiously from 4 yrs straight now....I am more than stoked there is a company out there that is willing to take the chance at producing a golf sim, knowing that the market is thin. From the info that is out there, they look to be approaching the game the right way. Will it be awesome? who knows...you are right, it could tank like the many others before it. But with next gen on the horizon, the chances that a game could compete with EA have increased. In the end, this is better for WE THE PEOPLE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #52
Just started!

OVR: 0

It is stated that games for the new consoles cannot be played on older consoles.How will EA approach this? One report on a PS4 indicated EA will market two versions of Battlefield 4.Does EA sell enough the TW series to make two versions?

As an offline player that does not bother with the career mode graphics are very important to me.I find depth of field rendering very annoying with too much of the rendering blurry.On the EA forum EA Tim stated that this rendering was used due to the limitations of the current hardware.I would hope any new game would give the option to turn it off.

I also read in another article that that the majority of console gamers are more interested in game play than graphics.I would agree with that as very little is said on this or EA forums about graphic quality.

TW 14 has good game play and features and if graphics matched TW10 it would be the best yet.

It will be interesting to see how EA will approach this.Will we get a game where graphics take advantage of the new hardware or will they produce a game with current graphics and port it over? Not everyone will be buying new consoles.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffler14
It is stated that games for the new consoles cannot be played on older consoles.How will EA approach this? One report on a PS4 indicated EA will market two versions of Battlefield 4.Does EA sell enough the TW series to make two versions?

As an offline player that does not bother with the career mode graphics are very important to me.I find depth of field rendering very annoying with too much of the rendering blurry.On the EA forum EA Tim stated that this rendering was used due to the limitations of the current hardware.I would hope any new game would give the option to turn it off.

I also read in another article that that the majority of console gamers are more interested in game play than graphics.I would agree with that as very little is said on this or EA forums about graphic quality.

TW 14 has good game play and features and if graphics matched TW10 it would be the best yet.

It will be interesting to see how EA will approach this.Will we get a game where graphics take advantage of the new hardware or will they produce a game with current graphics and port it over? Not everyone will be buying new consoles.
Why would you want to play TW16 for the PS4 on a PS3? At least that is what I am getting from your initial question. Never been done in the history of consoles playing a next gen version of a game on a previous gen console.

I look for EA to ditch the current engine completely. It is old and very unstable when adding/subtracting features. If I had to speculate, I would think EA would try to build a new TW engine from the latest Frostbite engine powering BF 3/4. That is assuming that engine would be able to render the kind of environments that Tiger does as Golf courses are just a tad different than war maps....

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #54
Just started!

OVR: 0

I would not play TW 16 on an older console.I am questioning how EA will approach the fact that games are not backwards compatible.Do they sell enough of this series to produce 2 versions or will they abandon the older consoles?

I am pointing out that not everyone will go out and buy a new console.Would I,absolutely for improved graphics.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffler14
I would not play TW 16 on an older console.I am questioning how EA will approach the fact that games are not backwards compatible.Do they sell enough of this series to produce 2 versions or will they abandon the older consoles?

I am pointing out that not everyone will go out and buy a new console.Would I,absolutely for improved graphics.
Then they will have TW14 to play. My understanding is that there will be no TW15 and it is way too soon to tell if there will be a TW16 for the 360/PS3 if they are taking a year off to bring a new engine to Tiger.

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #56
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Any chance EA might release a few more courses from the past course catalogue? If there is no 15 it might be nice to see Riviera, Firestone, and Harbor Town as additional DLC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »