Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch May 3rd

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch May 3rd within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #57
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch May 3rd

Let me start this by saying that I never really experience the pre-patch bugs most people mention other then the stats not tracking right.

Post patch has now introduced more bugs then I had before the patch. I've only played 1 round since downloading the patch but I'm annoyed now. I thought the stat overlay getting stuck on problem was fixed with the patch, it happen to me on 4 straight holes. Before the patch it would happen to me maybe 1 or 2 times per round so, it seems to have gotten worse.

3 times during this round my golfer wasn't on the tee box until I pressed A to address the ball. Did they even test the patch, this happen 3 times on my first round after downloading the patch so don't even try and tell me they didn't see it during testing.

There are other little things happening that didn't happen before the patch, like the ball stuttering in the air and other graphical stuff. It's annoying that a patch that was suppose to fix stuff seems to have broken more stuff. Yet some things that we thought were getting fixed aren't, like the cut glitch and the stat overlays getting stuck on.

Nothing breaks the game, it's just all annoying, especially since I wasn't really have any issues before the patch. If I wasn't having so much fun in CC events, I'd delete this patch and ignore it. Now we have to wait for a second patch, if we get one, and who knows how long that wait will be.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 05-04-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #58
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76

Bug still here.... Cut says plus 1 it's actually par..... Grrrrrr

Hull City FC for life
Being the stat guy that I am, this issue and other stat tracking probs are quite annoying. To the point where it is becoming unplayable at the moment. Hopefully a patch is in the works to fix such issues (thought that the 1st patch was supposed to correct).

In any case, I believe the prob is caused by a coding error which takes every golfer that misses the cut and lists them alphabetically. Whomever is the first golfer, by last name alphabetically, that becomes the cut line that is displayed. However, the actual cut line would most probably be whichever score listed right after the score making cut. If +5 is the last score displayed to make cut, most likely +6 is the cut line, not +7, +10, +12, etc. (which is the score of the first golfer that is cut in alphabetical order.

Because of this coding prob, I believe other stats are not being tracked correctly as well (or not at all). If you are cut from a 4 round tournament, the second round scores are not being included in any season or lifetime stat calculations and is listed as 9999 as the score posted for the tournament. I happen to think the cut line prob is linked to this in all probability. Also, if you are in a tournament offline, when you check the leaderboard in between rounds it lists you in last place regardless of your position but displays the correct score.

It's all very confusing and sloppy to say the least. And something tells me that all this stat/cut line confusion could have been avoided with a quick fix to a coding formula either before the game was released (overlooked, we all make mistakes) or within the first patch (it was pointed out to EA beforehand). Just sayin.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #59
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76

Bug still here.... Cut says plus 1 it's actually par..... Grrrrrr

Hull City FC for life
Almost forgot....also, if you notice, it says 1st Round Leaderboard at the top. I could be mistaken but isn't this the second round?

When/if your cut, game reverts back to first round. Strange. Once again, wrong formula :-)

Take notice when you miss the cut and the remaining golfers scores are being simulated and finalized.....quickly changes from 2nd round to 1st round and cut line displayed jumps 2 or 3 strokes once the cut list is alphabetized.

Ahhhhhh, good times!

One would think that the coding for the stats/cut line wouldn't be that much different than previous years/versions......apparently one would be wrong ;-)
Old 05-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #60
Just started!

Moral of the story: Don't miss the cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrain
Almost forgot....also, if you notice, it says 1st Round Leaderboard at the top. I could be mistaken but isn't this the second round?

When/if your cut, game reverts back to first round. Strange. Once again, wrong formula :-)

Take notice when you miss the cut and the remaining golfers scores are being simulated and finalized.....quickly changes from 2nd round to 1st round and cut line displayed jumps 2 or 3 strokes once the cut list is alphabetized.

Ahhhhhh, good times!

One would think that the coding for the stats/cut line wouldn't be that much different than previous years/versions......apparently one would be wrong ;-)
Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #61
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
cdawg44, I know I've come off as being a negative naybob about Tiger 14 in many circles, but I do have a real passion for the game. I've seen enough potential in Tiger 14 to let me know that with the advertised fixes, it can realize its full potential and present itself in a manner that's better geared for my tastes. I follow the developments very closely regarding the patches and I'm more than delighted to pass new information along. OS forumers bring a different perspective to the discussion of such issues and I value what I read here in response to the game's developments.

My gut feeling is that the 360 patch isn't going to fix all that ails the game, but I'm pretty sure it's going to take care of the show stoppers for me, all of which are camera presentation and functionality related. It will be good to get back to playing the game again, even if it does mean I'll have to go to the equipment screen and change back to my chosen putter to restore my full club set after playing a H2H match. I see career mode cuts are still not being properly sorted, tiebreakers are still hosed, etc., but it sounds like EA is pretty sure there will be a second patch to take care of those issues as well.

Sadly, this game has turned into one of the biggest commercial beta tests of any that I've ever played. If that's what it takes to get a console golf game that will hold me over for two years, I'll grin and bear it.
Hey man, I know that you are tough as hell on the Tiger team and this series, but I always felt you came from a good place about it. You always give constructive and fair criticism about what this series has gotten wrong. This year, yeah even I'm a little annoyed at the crazy glitches I've seen and feel like not everything is as polished as it should be. But I truly believe that we have a much more stable foundation for the future of a simulation golf game for you sim heads plus with the presentation elements that make guys like me happy.
Thank you for being as passionate as you are, because peeps like you and others here have helped Tiburon see the things that truly matter with this series and we are finally moving in the right direction after the diasters that were Tiger Woods 07-10

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #62
Rookie

Kalub's Arena

OVR: 1

Had my first lock up since the patch was released tonight. After I finished the 4th Round of the Weekly Tournament, it froze at a loading screen on the way back to the main menu. I also have just as many overlay issues as before the patch, if not more, but those don't bother me all that much.

The new putt camera is very nice. It's great to be able to know how poor my read was for future reference. I never used the Replay feature to check my line after missing putts prior to the patch. Seeing the line in real time from a better angle is much more convenient, so I'm quite pleased with that change.

Overall, so long as I don't start experiencing freezes mid round, I'll won't be disappointed with this patch.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #63
Rookie

ajaxab's Arena

OVR: 6

I wasn't experiencing any real issues before the patch. Post patch the audio stutters or drops out relatively frequently. I also had my first complete mid round freeze last night. Got through 10 holes at Oakmont only to be completely locked up. I couldn't go back to the Xbox Live home screen. A manual shutdown was the only option.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

As already mentioned the "cut line" does not work. This is very annoying for a hacker like me.

Also when Jim Nantz went back and looked at "last week's results", it showed me as +9999. I am bad but I actually shot +3.

Also, post patch, when I am shown the awards breakdown, the system subtracts "XP Pin Bonus points" from my total. These points essentially equal the Base XP. Why???

I like the game in general but since I only play off line (the career mode), these glitches are making the game much less enjoyable.

At this point, I am going to stop downloading new courses until the cut line glitch is fixed.

I am PS3 player, is there anyway to remove the patch without destroying my created player? He is at level 80 and I really don't want to start over.

EA sports, please fix these issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »