Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch May 3rd

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch May 3rd within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #25
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Sean Wilson updated the 360 patch news last night after 9:30 PM EDT. It just said that at that time there were still no problems reported by Microsoft. He thought they would have gotten confirmation that the patch was good to go yesterday though. I asked him this morning if EA had been able to confirm that the club resetting and disappearing putterhead/shaft issues had shown up in their internal testing of the 360 version, after being able to reproduce it in house on the PS3, post-patch. I doubt I'll see an answer until I get home from work this afternoon. I still haven't read where they had officially confirmed this to be a problem with the 360 patch as of last night.
Thanks for the update. The real question though is why is the cut glitch still an issue. That should have been concern #1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Official word from Tiger Woods 15 Producer, Sean Wilson is that the patch has been approved by Microsoft, and in all likelihood will go live tomorrow morning! I can't wait to start playing this game again and this patch fixes the major stumbling blocks for me. It also looks very much like there will be a second patch, to fix the other issues. I would imagine this second patch would be for both the PS3 and 360.

We don't know for sure how the problems will affect this 360 version, but the prevailing sense is that we will see them. Sean says if you see the resetting clubs issue after head to head online play, you'll likely see the disappearing putterhead/putter shaft issue as well. There seems to be a fairly effective workaround for this with the PS3 whereby you change your putter back to what you were using in the "Equipment" screen before going to have a look at your golf bag. It seems that just restoring the putter on the equipment screen resets everything else.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #27
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Official word from Tiger Woods 15 Producer, Sean Wilson is that the patch has been approved by Microsoft, and in all likelihood will go live tomorrow morning! I can't wait to start playing this game again and this patch fixes the major stumbling blocks for me. It also looks very much like there will be a second patch, to fix the other issues. I would imagine this second patch would be for both the PS3 and 360.

We don't know for sure how the problems will affect this 360 version, but the prevailing sense is that we will see them. Sean says if you see the resetting clubs issue after head to head online play, you'll likely see the disappearing putterhead/putter shaft issue as well. There seems to be a fairly effective workaround for this with the PS3 whereby you change your putter back to what you were using in the "Equipment" screen before going to have a look at your golf bag. It seems that just restoring the putter on the equipment screen resets everything else.
Thanks again Onlooker!! You have been great with the updates. I'm ready to continue on this career mode now.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #28
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Thanks again Onlooker!! You have been great with the updates. I'm ready to continue on this career mode now.
cdawg44, I know I've come off as being a negative naybob about Tiger 14 in many circles, but I do have a real passion for the game. I've seen enough potential in Tiger 14 to let me know that with the advertised fixes, it can realize its full potential and present itself in a manner that's better geared for my tastes. I follow the developments very closely regarding the patches and I'm more than delighted to pass new information along. OS forumers bring a different perspective to the discussion of such issues and I value what I read here in response to the game's developments.

My gut feeling is that the 360 patch isn't going to fix all that ails the game, but I'm pretty sure it's going to take care of the show stoppers for me, all of which are camera presentation and functionality related. It will be good to get back to playing the game again, even if it does mean I'll have to go to the equipment screen and change back to my chosen putter to restore my full club set after playing a H2H match. I see career mode cuts are still not being properly sorted, tiebreakers are still hosed, etc., but it sounds like EA is pretty sure there will be a second patch to take care of those issues as well.

Sadly, this game has turned into one of the biggest commercial beta tests of any that I've ever played. If that's what it takes to get a console golf game that will hold me over for two years, I'll grin and bear it.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
cdawg44, I know I've come off as being a negative naybob about Tiger 14 in many circles, but I do have a real passion for the game. I've seen enough potential in Tiger 14 to let me know that with the advertised fixes, it can realize its full potential and present itself in a manner that's better geared for my tastes. I follow the developments very closely regarding the patches and I'm more than delighted to pass new information along. OS forumers bring a different perspective to the discussion of such issues and I value what I read here in response to the game's developments.

My gut feeling is that the 360 patch isn't going to fix all that ails the game, but I'm pretty sure it's going to take care of the show stoppers for me, all of which are camera presentation and functionality related. It will be good to get back to playing the game again, even if it does mean I'll have to go to the equipment screen and change back to my chosen putter to restore my full club set after playing a H2H match. I see career mode cuts are still not being properly sorted, tiebreakers are still hosed, etc., but it sounds like EA is pretty sure there will be a second patch to take care of those issues as well.

Sadly, this game has turned into one of the biggest commercial beta tests of any that I've ever played. If that's what it takes to get a console golf game that will hold me over for two years, I'll grin and bear it.
Just seems crazy that the cut bug is not being dealt with on the first patch in my eyes

Hull City FC for life
Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #30
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch May 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Just seems crazy that the cut bug is not being dealt with on the first patch in my eyes
Seriously! I would think that would be a fat pitch for coder!?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
Seriously! I would think that would be a fat pitch for coder!?
As long as there will be a second patch.... No other tiger game has grabbed my by the balls like this one has.... To drag me off nba 2K13 is amazing.... No other game has.... Looking forward to finishing work tomorrow and trying the patch.... I just wish we had a true view cam

Hull City FC for life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #32
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Patch Available Now For PS3, 360 Patch May 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
I just wish we had a true view cam
One can only dream, can't one?.... wait a minute, we had True-View (Aim) camera in 2011, 2012, and 2013 - those were the days. The True-Aim camera looked great in online multiplayer in Tiger 13!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »