Home

No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16

This is a discussion on No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #33
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: No Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 15, Focus Shifts to Next-Gen and Tiger 16

I don't mind them taking a year off but, I'm probably not going to be able to play TW14 after this holiday season. Since the PS4 is not backwards compatible and the next Xbox most likely wont be as well, I'll be out of luck once I get one of the new consoles. Even if I kept my current 360, I don't have any spare inputs on my TV so I would get unhooked anyway but, I always trade-in my current console to help pay for the new one.

I'm fine being without a golf game for a year if the first one on next gen comes out with almost all the current features intact. If TW16 comes out on the PS4/next Xbox as a bare bones game after the year long break then EA will have some serious explaining to do. Having to wait 6 or 7 years for the next gen version to reach TW14 levels will not fly with me this time around. I'm tired of how sports games dump all features at the start of every generation. I hope NCAA takes a year off as well but, I doubt it.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #34
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Works for me. Patch 14 up nice and tight, and maybe deliver one more course bundle around March next year.

This news just increased the value of my TW14 purchase and DLC.

Thanks EA for choosing to take the time and financial hit to make the next gen TW hopefully great.
I'm all for paying 30-35 bucks in March next year for a 10 course pack. Harbour Town, Hazeltine, Bay Hill, Riveria and Firestone among others would be great additions back into the series.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by cdawg44; 05-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #35
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
And the previous Tiger PC versions failed miserably focusing primarily on the mass market and offering a really good simulation like mode in Expert in TW08 which had the worst sales of any Tiger PC product since TW2002.

So you can say "nonsense" all you like, but what happened to Links PC, PGA Championship Golf and other PC Golf games that were solid products but never garnered enough of a market to continue to develop and publish?
And I'll continue to call nonsense because it makes no sense that a golf game can't succeed given that a) there is still a lot of PC money out there, b) a ton of low-budget, high-profit games, and c) we're entering an era where more people have PCs that can run some sort of decent looking game. A golf game may not be successful on the scope or scale that EA wants to produce, with the development costs that EA inherently burns, but there is a market and the industry as a whole is failing it right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4
Here is its replacement....www.perfectparallel.com
Old 05-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #37
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

great news for a franchise that needs to re-work their core....take the year off and build the game solid from the ground up. add all the bells and whistles, which attract the average gamer, afterwards. they have the market pretty much all to themselves, it is time to produce a consistent 9.0+ game.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #38
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
this is what sim golfers have been waiting for.....
Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
Before we extoll the virtues of any new game (not replacement), lets see if it actually gets released and how does it play. Alot can happen between now and "Winter 2013". It looks great now, but like any other Golf game before it, it all depends on the execution and support......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 05-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #40
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Before we extoll the virtues of any new game (not replacement), lets see if it actually gets released and how does it play. Alot can happen between now and "Winter 2013". It looks great now, but like any other Golf game before it, it all depends on the execution and support......
it is time to get a product in the market that will take the genre in a different direction. as much as I have played TW from 2010-2013 and enjoyed it in the process, it never was SIM. this year, i know you feel differently, the SIM difficulty is not SIM....but it is the best SIM EA has ever put out.

the fact they are taking a year off to focus on next gen '16 hopefully will be a good sign for the franchise. but it also leaves the door open for perfect golf to come in and swoop the sim heads away, and maybe some more. i am looking forward to the competition at the very least.....EA needs it, consumers need it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »