Home

MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.2 - Opening Day

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.2 - Opening Day within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #145
MVP

Totte's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
I'm sure if you looked at individual attributes you'd be much happier.
And if not, there's always the Edit Player function in each users game. It's hard to make a roster where you nail every player perfect according to every users own experience and expectations of a player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.2 - Opening Day

If you put Baez, Lindor, and Addison Russell on the same team and sort by potential, Baez is on top with Russell second and Lindor third, even though at 19 years old, Lindor is rated (OVL) higher than the others.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #147
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.2 - Opening Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgilber
So Lindor is younger than Baez, playing at the same level, and other than his plate discipline has put up pretty pathetic offensive numbers, but he's the "closer" player? I think if you look at their ETA's, Baez is probably closer than Lindor.

I agree he's safer, assuming you mean more likely to hit his peak, because his peak isn't that hard to hit and as you pointed out, nowhere near Baez's.

Anyway, given that Lindor kind of stunk it up with the bat (besides his plate discipline like I said), and Baez crushed last year, I just feel he should have the higher OVR (representing his current ability).
The guy hitting .346 with 6 XBH, 7 steals, more walks then strikeouts in 14 games is putting up pathetic offensive #'s ?

In a near 40 game sample, Baez is hitting below the Mendoza line with 7 walks and 42 Ks in High A. I love Baez, more so then most Cubs fans but at some point he's gotta put up the #'s to match the tools. Lindor is certainly the superior player at this point, despite Baez's enormous ceiling.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was just wondering why Randy Ruiz on the White Sox's double A team has 87 power versus lefties LOL? He's 35 years old, a career minor leaguer, and he has only played in 52 MLB games (with 5 HRs). Granted, he looks like he has some power, considering he has hit 20-25+ HRs almost every season in the minors, but 87 power, with 77 contact against lefties seems utterly ridiculous. Sorry if this comes off a bit snide or douchy, but I saw this and laughed harder than I have in a long time.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #149
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMP7
I was just wondering why Randy Ruiz on the White Sox's double A team has 87 power versus lefties LOL? He's 35 years old, a career minor leaguer, and he has only played in 52 MLB games (with 5 HRs). Granted, he looks like he has some power, considering he has hit 20-25+ HRs almost every season in the minors, but 87 power, with 77 contact against lefties seems utterly ridiculous. Sorry if this comes off a bit snide or douchy, but I saw this and laughed harder than I have in a long time.

If that makes you laugh harder than you have in a long time.

You need to get out more.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #150
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

In a terribly small sample, Ruiz *does* own a .217 ISO, for whatever it's worth lol. I remember him on the Jays. Good times..
Old 04-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #151
Javier Baez Fan Club

hjgilber's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksdaniel99
The guy hitting .346 with 6 XBH, 7 steals, more walks then strikeouts in 14 games is putting up pathetic offensive #'s ?

In a near 40 game sample, Baez is hitting below the Mendoza line with 7 walks and 42 Ks in High A. I love Baez, more so then most Cubs fans but at some point he's gotta put up the #'s to match the tools. Lindor is certainly the superior player at this point, despite Baez's enormous ceiling.
A) Technically he's not below the Mendoza line.

B) SSS for both Baez's poor numbers in high A last year and for Lindor's good numbers this year. Lindor is never going to hit anywhere near as much as Baez, and Baez was adjusting. He's been hitting better lately. His numbers will continue to go up.

C) the defensive point mentioned by AC is legitimate and makes sense, but Baez isn't even considered a poor defensive SS. Contrary to early reports, the overwhelming majority believe Baez can stick at SS long term. He will only move if it's for Castro, not because he has to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #152
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't think anyone's said that Baez is poor defensively, it's just that Lindor is much, much better. He's really amazing at defense imho and his ratings probably reflect that.

A 67 for a kid in high A as raw as Baez is pretty high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »