Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.21 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.21 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #81
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.21 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB
How would it not be applied correctly? I can't even play the game without it installing. How would I make sure it was applied correctly? Thanks for the help.
I'm recording my game right now so cannot get off to check myself, but I think you can do this by going to XMB and put the focus on The Show and by pressing triangle... you should be able to check the version of the game.

You should also test the stats on SCEA's default roster to see if the issue was fixed or not. If players are rated differently then there's no guarantee that stats line up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #82
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I'm recording my game right now so cannot get off to check myself, but I think you can do this by going to XMB and put the focus on The Show and by pressing triangle... you should be able to check the version of the game.

You should also test the stats on SCEA's default roster to see if the issue was fixed or not. If players are rated differently then there's no guarantee that stats line up.
Highlight.....triangle....information...that gives you the version #

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 6

no stuttering issues for me so far after the new patch (thank god). Wonder if the frequency of slowdown when rounding 3rd was ninja tweaked lol (one can hope eh). Hate having to use L1 to get around 3rd w/o slowing down then hoping i can get the other runners back in time.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #84
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I'd make sure if you applied the patch correctly... the K/9 problem was fixed in the last patch a couple weeks ago on both Vita and PS3.

Hey Nomo.

The K/9 is still about 0.7 too low per league average and BB/9 is only 0.15 too high per league average.

I really hope SCEA gives us great sim stats know that they have the hardware of the PS-4 to work with.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #85
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

online league game, no stuttering issues and was able to make several substitutions without a soft hang (freeze)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #86
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
Hey Nomo.

The K/9 is still about 0.7 too low per league average and BB/9 is only 0.15 too high per league average.

I really hope SCEA gives us great sim stats know that they have the hardware of the PS-4 to work with.
As far as K% and BB% (after the patch) are concerned, those numbers might be a bit off if you compare to the numbers to the last couple years like you mentioned, but those were indeed close to the MLB ave 3 - 4 years ago. I believe that's when the sim engine was tuned to yield the MLB ave, and it seems to be carrying over the same result.

I honestly think it's just a matter of how the sim engine is tuned in detail, and not a bug or glitch or anything like that... K/9 off by 2 - 3 like we saw pre-patch is a glitch, but I don't feel the game if unrealistically off right now. It's just that the MLB has changed quite drastically in the last couple years for some reason (all these no hitters and perfect games....), and the game isn't necessarily playing a cat-mouse game.

Should the sim engine re-tuned in future, if the MLB stabilizes at the current level of pitching domination?? Maybe, but I think the issue is minute that I personally would rather see SCEA use the resource to improve other areas at this point...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #87
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
Hey Nomo.

2 words since you keep posting this: Standard Deviation.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 04-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #88
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

OVR: 0

I played a game last night with the new patch and noticed stutters in the menu, audio, pitching and once at the plate. I use meter pitching and I had a couple stutters while trying to throw a pitch. Meter pitching + stutter = fail.

I had 0 stutters before this patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »