Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #289
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Alright then I'm switching to that once I can chose that option again. I'm on pre-determined right now thinking that depending on the region you're in the weather will be similar.
I believe you can change this at the end of each tournament, possibly even at the end of each round in the CM Settings menu.....will try to confirm this.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #290
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I believe you can change this at the end of each tournament, possibly even at the end of each round in the CM Settings menu.....will try to confirm this.
You're correct because I just did it. I remember when I borrowed TW 13 from a friend last year, the game didn't allow you to do it until you started a new season or moved to the PGA Tour or something.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #291
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Just noticed that there is a bug in scoring. I thought this happened before but brushed it off. On a Par 3 my tee shot went into the water so I took a drop, landed on the green and the announcer mentions I'm putting for bogey. I make the putt but it gives me a par. I didn't want to believe it when it happened a few days ago but its there

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #292
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Just rented it last week so I haven't got around to creating my golfer but have had a chance to play 5 or so rounds with the various pros.

Started off playing on a modified simulation setting with everything on default expect zoom to aim and wind on and changed the strike meter to analog instead of analog fade. Was shooting pretty consistently under par with my best being -8 with Rickie Fowler at TPC Louisiana w/tournament conditions.

So I tried playing with the true simulation settings and had a great time. Shot 3 under (5 birdies, 2 bogeys) with Luke Donald at Spyglass and played really well.

Not having zoom to aim seemed foolish at first, but flybys really helped on shots into the greens and my lines off the tee. I also like the idea that the more you play the course the better your course knowledge becomes which can be a nice advantage. For example, they're were some tee shots that I had no idea what club to pull. I took hybrid instead of 3 wood off of a shortish dogleg right par 4 but left my self behind a tree since I didn't hit far enough down the fairway. Had 228 left in and had to play a huge cut around if I wanted to reach the green so I had to layup. I understand that all pros have that sort of info to avoid those situations but if you play from the perspective of an everyday golfer that might not have a yardage book handy, you can look past that. Only wish you still had the ability to look behind the hole while putting as you do with zoom to aim on.

Arrow only wind is fine. You can get a feel for it by how fast the arrow in moving and the swaying of the trees and bushes on the course. And while I still think playing with the analog fade strike meter is unrealistic, it does give you some anxiety when hitting out of the rough which is nice.

Last edited by RipCity71252; 04-03-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #293
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played a TON of 13... is this game enough of an upgrade? I think I'm finally going to skip a year. Last year's game was great, though.

The putting camera bug sounds terrible. How could they mess that up? And, is there still a career mode scoring glitch or did EA fix it?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #294
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shermas
I played a TON of 13... is this game enough of an upgrade? I think I'm finally going to skip a year. Last year's game was great, though.

The putting camera bug sounds terrible. How could they mess that up? And, is there still a career mode scoring glitch or did EA fix it?
This not the year to skip my friend. Especially if your in for a very challenging/rewarding sim difficulty. I personally haven't been affected by scoring bug (other than our CC 4 round tourneys are goofy) but that's being addressed. The putt camera is hardly a bug...it's really not that bad and after a few rounds you don't even notice it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #295
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
This not the year to skip my friend. Especially if your in for a very challenging/rewarding sim difficulty. I personally haven't been affected by scoring bug (other than our CC 4 round tourneys are goofy) but that's being addressed. The putt camera is hardly a bug...it's really not that bad and after a few rounds you don't even notice it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
ugh... i joined the OS country club last year and had a blast with 13. Anyone else have thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #296
Banned

OVR: 0
Every time I play a round in a country club tourney the game freezes between holes 10 and 11. Totally blows!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »