Home

MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #417
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1

i posted it in the Astros OSFM thread but just in case nobody catches it there, i noticed that Rio Ruiz was missing from the Astros roster.....can somebody kindly lemme know why? and if one of the CAP guys has a Ruiz CAP in the vault, can they kindly direct me to it? thanx
Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #418
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
It's cool how everyone has their own take on likeness. Thought they looked pretty good man, your zunino is your best in my opinion.
i actually created my own set of top prospects that I'm currently transferring the osfm ratings to, and some are of the same guys u listed. Will be cool to compare with the ones u knocked out of the park
Nothing like friendly competition lol. Maybe we can get SCEA to use some of our CAPs again this year, it was really cool seeing our work being acknowledged...
Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #419
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstu24
Sorry about the age, my mistake. Everything I've read and seen shows that he is close to MLB ready. The Cardinals placed him in AAA to start the season, and that says a lot. Yadi had a quote somewhere saying that Wacha was absolutely big league ready right now. Some members of the front office were supposedly pushing for him on the MLB squad. Regardless, I'm sure we will see him on the big club before the year is done.
I just think that's a small sample size personally. He was a college pitcher it's not unusual for them to dominate the low minors. 75 k/9 seems like it's really, really high. That's the same as Felix Hernandez fyi.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #420
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodem
Well, if I'm editing all the other players and bumping them up, I can understand that, but going by the original rosters, I guess I can make my point, but I understand what you're saying if we're talking about editing the players already in the game. I tend to leave those alone for the most part unless it's a glaring thing (Like Wilin Rosario's power last season). Again, they're all prospects, so rating them really high when they're gonna grow a lot in the game as is will let these guys turn into beasts, and fast. LOL.

I just try to compare them to what the game already gives us and scouting reports and whatnot, and you can get a good sense for where their important individual ratings should fall for the most part. Again, that's just me.

I hear ya man. In my three years of doing OSFM this was by far the hardest. Some players just need a few tweaks.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #421
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks for the rosters! Will download them for PS3 and Vita! Can't wait to start my franchise.

Not trying to complain or anything, but would it be a good idea to have a list of the errors? Such as wrong age or player showing up twice. Just so easier to change the minor errors ourselves or for the next release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #422
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstu24
I echo this, but for Taveras since I did the Cardinals. Profar was rated awfully low by SCEA, in my opinion.
But that's the thing. Profar is really young, and he's going to get better. He hasn't proven much to be honest, and by starting out the year as an 82, what will you have by the end of the year? By year 2? I agree with Sony's ratings, because again, they're prospects. It makes sense. They haven't proven anything at the major league level and are facing far superior opposition when they reach the big leagues. If they prove otherwise, Roster Updates usually rectify that.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:51 AM   #423
Rookie

OVR: 0

And BTW, I don't wanna step on anyone's toes or upset anyone. This stuff takes a lot of hard work, and is great. I'm not pointing out any major flaws or anything, just some good discussion on what we've got right now. Great work.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #424
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodem
Well, if I'm editing all the other players and bumping them up, I can understand that, but going by the original rosters, I guess I can make my point, but I understand what you're saying if we're talking about editing the players already in the game. I tend to leave those alone for the most part unless it's a glaring thing (Like Wilin Rosario's power last season). Again, they're all prospects, so rating them really high when they're gonna grow a lot in the game as is will let these guys turn into beasts, and fast. LOL.

I just try to compare them to what the game already gives us and scouting reports and whatnot, and you can get a good sense for where their important individual ratings should fall for the most part. Again, that's just me.
Part of it too is that the OSFM ratings just naturally end up a little high due to how we approach a prospect's ceiling and ETA. I was actually worried that some of my guys would end up too low because I bucked the trend and rated guys based on their current abilities, leaving the development completely up to the user. I feel its more realistic and actually more fun this way, you can either choose to shore up a player's weaknesses or continue to develop their strengths.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »