Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #721
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
It's difficult to enjoy franchise when your team's ERA is 2.4 runs/game worse than it was in 2012.

I average 4.4 runs/game but it's nearly impossible to win.
How many games in? Which roster? What are the variables?

I have yet to see this issue with FF. But I don't run FF much.

As I said, I think we established long ago this simply isn't the game for you. I think last year your complaint was, it was too realistic. Now it's not realistic enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #722
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
How many games in? Which roster? What are the variables?

I have yet to see this issue with FF. But I don't run FF much.

As I said, I think we established long ago this simply isn't the game for you. I think last year your complaint was, it was too realistic. Now it's not realistic enough.
As much as I complained I still played at least 100 games. I do the same with 2k's series.

2012 was too realistic, and people even had graphs on the reaction time necessary to successfully hit. I was not wrong about this, and SCEA even has opened up the timing window. People should be happy the Show had enough critics regarding this.

I have found, outside of an annoying trend in fast forwarding games, that the Show 2013 is an immense improvement. Opening up the timing window alone while still maintaining the integrity of the human player's offense alone is a monumental improvement.

There are still a number of quirks in the game that are really irritating. In my case it's my teams ~6.75 ERA and well over 7 runs/game allowed during fast forwarding.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #723
Rookie

Alfonsori's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
There are still a number of quirks in the game that are really irritating. In my case it's my teams ~6.75 ERA and well over 7 runs/game allowed during fast forwarding.
I have this problem also when simming/FF. To me it seems like the CPU let the pitchers stay in way to long when simming/FF.

I was running a test CHW franchise and Peavy was the pitcher with the lowest ERA on my team. of 4.78! The other 5 pitchers i used as starters had 5+ ERAs.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #724
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
As much as I complained I still played at least 100 games. I do the same with 2k's series.

2012 was too realistic, and people even had graphs on the reaction time necessary to successfully hit. I was not wrong about this, and SCEA even has opened up the timing window. People should be happy the Show had enough critics regarding this.

I have found, outside of an annoying trend in fast forwarding games, that the Show 2013 is an immense improvement. Opening up the timing window alone while still maintaining the integrity of the human player's offense alone is a monumental improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonsori
I have this problem also when simming/FF. To me it seems like the CPU let the pitchers stay in way to long when simming/FF.

I was running a test CHW franchise and Peavy was the pitcher with the lowest ERA on my team. of 4.78! The other 5 pitchers i used as starters had 5+ ERAs.
Guys,maybe you just want to complete games as fast as possible and not pay attention to what is unfolding in real time when FF.But what I am doing is paying close attention to how my pitcher is doing as regards to how many hits he is giving up.so for example if it is around the middle innings and he is giving up 2 or 3 hits back to back then I am yanking him for a new pitcher just to break up the cpu's rhythm....you kind of have to be pro active this year IMO and I much prefer it to years past when you would FF a half inning only to come back 6 or 7 runs down,at least now you have a chance of stopping it if you make the changes at the right time..
Old 03-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #725
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

You guys having problems with the AI leaving the manager in too long should try raising the CPU Manager Hook slider. I believe it should affect both the human and CPU teams... I know it does affect sims. I use a different setting for the games I play and a different one for simming

From Bobhead
"------- CPU Manager Hook: Affects CPU's "patience" with its own pitching staff. Increasing ONLY this option will force CPU pitchers to be pulled sooner during rallies or game changing events. Increasing ONLY this option will make the CPU pull tired pitchers sooner. This slider affects you as a pitcher in Road to the Show."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #726

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Cool that on the show live, night games get dark when they should.

4th inning and it's already real dark outside on the game(compared to exhibition games where this doesn't happen till 7-8th inning)
Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #727
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

OK this "runner going into slow motion around third" nonsense is starting to get to me... I'll throw up a video in a second but I just had a play where Miguel Cabrera hits a routine groundball through the 6 hole with Austin Jackson on second, and Jackson takes such a huge secondary lead (by the time Miggy makes contact he's almost halfway to third) that I don't have enough time to point up and press X to send him home, which of course results in the slowdown and him being thrown out at the plate... Is it better to just hold down L1? From my understanding, pointing and hitting X was the more desirable choice...
Old 04-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #728
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
OK this "runner going into slow motion around third" nonsense is starting to get to me... I'll throw up a video in a second but I just had a play where Miguel Cabrera hits a routine groundball through the 6 hole with Austin Jackson on second, and Jackson takes such a huge secondary lead (by the time Miggy makes contact he's almost halfway to third) that I don't have enough time to point up and press X to send him home, which of course results in the slowdown and him being thrown out at the plate... Is it better to just hold down L1? From my understanding, pointing and hitting X was the more desirable choice...
I always hold L1 in that situation, for the simple fact AJ will always reach 3rd before Miggy reaches 1st, so you don't have to worry about accidentally advancing him to 2nd. Even if he does (i.e. fast batter, slow runner rounding 3rd), target him and return him to first.

Even with multiple base runners, I usually use advance all, and then target/select the one I want to return. Makes it much easier, IMO.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 04-01-2013 at 01:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »