Home

Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

This is a discussion on Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #41
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2
This is interesting, but very believable in my opinion. This is another reason why I'm doing what I can to help Madden get where us "Sim Heads" want it to be. It is possible that Madden may be our only NFL football game for a very long time. I personally think competition needs to be in the Football genre, that's brings out the best in everybody and we the consumers win. No competition sucks, but you guys have my word that as a GC I will always represent the SIM COMMUNITY. What up Dame?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #42
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
This is interesting, but very believable in my opinion. This is another reason why I'm doing what I can to help Madden get where us "Sim Heads" want it to be. It is possible that Madden may be our only NFL football game for a very long time. I personally think competition needs to be in the Football genre, that's brings out the best in everybody and we the consumers win. No competition sucks, but you guys have my word that as a GC I will always represent the SIM COMMUNITY. What up Dame?
*That, not that's
Old 03-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #43

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I've mentioned this before, too. Anyone that makes a generic-per-customizing football game that just simply plays solid on the field and keeps solid stats...and then allows us to customize all 32 teams (at least) via a teambuilder kind of website...would rule the land. Bank on it.
Again that game would sell to us here on OS. But the ****** gamer just looking for his NFL fix would not buy it. The ****** gamer by far out number us.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #44
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Such a bummer. There is really just not much we can do about this though.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #45
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Again that game would sell to us here on OS. But the ****** gamer just looking for his NFL fix would not buy it. The ****** gamer by far out number us.
...and again I will contend that thinking because when games like The Sims (one of EA's own games) sells like crazy, it goes against your logic of what a ****** gamer has to be. If creating and customizing are so bad, then why do games that offer more of it sell so much? Even for games that don't specifically offer modifications, they end up being modded by people and offered online. If modding something as simple as rosters on a football game isn't that big of a deal...why does every football forum seemingly have someone there offering a means of modded, customizable and/or updated rosters..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #46

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
...and again I will contend that thinking because when games like The Sims (one of EA's own games) sells like crazy, it goes against your logic of what a ****** gamer has to be. If creating and customizing are so bad, then why do games that offer more of it sell so much? Even for games that don't specifically offer modifications, they end up being modded by people and offered online. If modding something as simple as rosters on a football game isn't that big of a deal...why does every football forum seemingly have someone there offering a means of modded, customizable and/or updated rosters..?
Sports games are different. The ****** gamer wants to play with their favorite teams, not the Atlanta Rockers. Look at Backbreaker and All Pro Football. Decent games for what they had to offer but the lack of being actual NFL games ultimately hurt them with the ****** gamer. You cant compare the Sims to video game football. Name the last generic sports title to come close to selling as much as the pro licensed sports title in its genre ? YOU CANT As far as your modding question goes THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOT THE ****** SPORTS FANS. Those are the die hards like me and you. The ****** sports fans are not on the forums looking for customizable rosters.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 03-29-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #47
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
I don't care about the NFL license. If an game comes out that is just generic football, and it's a good game, I will buy it. Hell, just give me the ability to edit everything and I'll be happy.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #48
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

2k football still plays better than Madden.The lack of a franchises mode,and ability to customize 32 teams into it is the main reason many people aren't playing it now instead of sticking with their preferred Madden version.

I highly doubt we'll see anything change but I have no doubt that 2k would come out with a better product right away if given the opportunity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »