Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
I just don't get it.

So no one at EA or whoever does QA played career mode to pick up on this glitch?

Huge head scratcher and I won't be touching it until that is patched.
As much as I like this game I can't recommend it to anyone after running into this problem. UNREAL. If you are a Career Mode player stay away at least until this is fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #122
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
As much as I like this game I can't recommend it to anyone after running into this problem. UNREAL. If you are a Career Mode player stay away at least until this is fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may even be worse. I read one post this morning in the EA forum where a guy said he had almost finished his first PGA season and the next time he played, the game erased all that and put him back to an event in the schedule that was 2 events before the Masters and he lost half his XP. So if you do the math, I would estimate at least 15 events were erased in his career progression and he had to start most of the first season all over again. Ouch!!!

Stuff like this is inexcusable. They need to hold thier QA dept responsible for this and hire people who will do the job correctly because in the end EA is the ones who suffer when sales tank because of obvious game killing bugs.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #123
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Hard to ignore some of what you guys are posting above. Those sound like huge defects and will make Career Mode play very uneven.

As far as the game itself goes, I've been enjoying it. I play on Simulation with Zoom to Aim on and Green Grid on to try and simulate knowing yardages and how to read a green. All other settings are default sim. My CAG is a Control Fade player with High trajectory.

With AI Difficulty on Hard (instead of normal) I "won" the U.S. Am and played in the final round of the U.S. Open. I came in 3rd out of 4 amateurs at +3 (low am was at -3). Came in T10 or so in Q School and thought I was well on my way to being a start.

1st round in Web.com Season Opener = +4 and T for last. Second round another +4 and a missed cut.

Second event, E in Round 1 (thanks to a hole in one) and then a 79 in round 2 to miss the cut.

My biggest issue is distance. There are Par 4's that I can't reach in 2, which seems a little silly but that's the challenge. Not sure if it'll get easier or if I'm just terrible but enjoying the challenge.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #124
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm most likely going to buy the game anyway but its very discouraging to read that something as basic and fundamental as "scoring" isn't working correctly.

We talk about Q&A all the time with EA but to be honest I don't really think they have a Q&A department. At least not one that plays the game, I'd bet their Q&A consists of people checking for code errors not gameplay errors, it would certainly explain why EA games are perpetually in need of corrections, but I could be wrong.

Are these scoring issues only with simulation stats? Can we at least expect online scoring to be accurate? I can live with playing online tourney's with our clubhouse until things get fixed. But if its broken on both ends....I don't know.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #125
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
It may even be worse. I read one post this morning in the EA forum where a guy said he had almost finished his first PGA season and the next time he played, the game erased all that and put him back to an event in the schedule that was 2 events before the Masters and he lost half his XP. So if you do the math, I would estimate at least 15 events were erased in his career progression and he had to start most of the first season all over again. Ouch!!!

Stuff like this is inexcusable. They need to hold thier QA dept responsible for this and hire people who will do the job correctly because in the end EA is the ones who suffer when sales tank because of obvious game killing bugs.
As long as people keep buying the game before reviews or despite bugs like this, what is EA's incentive to spend more on QA? See the last 5 years of EA's NCAA Football series for reference.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #126
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Maybe there is a day 1 patch tomorrow to fix some of the issues?

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #127
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Hard to ignore some of what you guys are posting above. Those sound like huge defects and will make Career Mode play very uneven.

As far as the game itself goes, I've been enjoying it. I play on Simulation with Zoom to Aim on and Green Grid on to try and simulate knowing yardages and how to read a green. All other settings are default sim. My CAG is a Control Fade player with High trajectory.

With AI Difficulty on Hard (instead of normal) I "won" the U.S. Am and played in the final round of the U.S. Open. I came in 3rd out of 4 amateurs at +3 (low am was at -3). Came in T10 or so in Q School and thought I was well on my way to being a start.

1st round in Web.com Season Opener = +4 and T for last. Second round another +4 and a missed cut.

Second event, E in Round 1 (thanks to a hole in one) and then a 79 in round 2 to miss the cut.

My biggest issue is distance. There are Par 4's that I can't reach in 2, which seems a little silly but that's the challenge. Not sure if it'll get easier or if I'm just terrible but enjoying the challenge.
It's your type of golfer.

I started off with a control golfer (playing on SIM I wanted that extra help with accuracy.

I decided to switch it up and see how I would do with a power golfer. It added a good 30-40 yards avg on my drive, making it much easier to reach the green (or around the green for an up and in) in 2.

I suggest giving it a try. It's really not my style to have a power swing, but it's helped me a bunch, at least in the early stages. Once I progress further I may try switching it back to control.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #128
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

I didn't buy last years game until December so, I'm not sure how they did with getting timely patches out but, in TW12 they were very slow and just never patched some things. Of all the EA games I play each year, TW seems to be the worst at getting patches. I just don't hold out much hope that all this stuff will get fixed in a patch. I hope they prove me wrong though because the core gameplay is the best it has ever been in a TW game (in the demo at least, which is all I've played).

Still excited to get the game which Gamefly shipped out today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »