Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I hope that was kept in, it's the little things like that which really enhances things.

Hands, thanks for all the info. You guys really stepped up in terms of adding eye candy to career mode and giving it some depth. Not sure why you waited so long to release this blog because there are alot of positive changes, I really wasn't expecting this much improvement because I thought the blog being released a few days before the game came out would mean minor changes at best but I'm happily wrong about that.
Agreed. Like I said, I'm not much of an online gamer. I play mainly sports games and it's solely for the simulation aspect of them. Grinding thorough seasons and chasing championships in the career/dynasty modes. I loved tiger woods games like 10 years ago as a party game but I was not impressed with their seasons back then, they were too easy, so once I stopped living with people that I played tiger with I stopped buying them. I think my gap was from about 2004 or 2005 through 2012. I got roped back in because of Augusta and the improvements I read about in the career mode with being able to adjust ai scores. And so I got 12 and 13 and now this is the closest to what I've always wanted a golf game to be with the additions to 14.

I still think the 2 things lacking are the fully dynamic career having to battle to stay on tour. And I think they need a Ryder cup and presidents cup. I know that with all the licenses there's only so much they can do, and I agree with the 4 majors instead of one of those. But I think ea should look into generic name tournaments that are the Ryder and presidents cups with different names like the have done with all the majors in the past. I would love to have those tournaments because of the fun aspect of them and something else to work for throughout the seasons, not because of the names/license. On the other hand I think it adds so much more to have all 4 real majors and I actually did not enjoy playing most the majors because of their lack of names and such. They just felt like another tournament, where a generic Ryder cup would still feel like a Ryder cup tournament without the name because of the differing playing style.

But other than those 2 things, this is everything I've wanted this series to be, so thank you to the entire team at ea. I'm sure there will be things that can use tweaks to improve, but overall I think this is going to set a new level as far as golf games go for me and what I've been wanting. Oh and not to mention playoffs for ties!!!!!!! It sucks that using a shot arc is showing someone's likeness because that is the only other thing that I would want is to see at least what my playing partners were doing and what my opponent in playoffs were doing each shot, but that would require licensing every name in the game and that's simply too much for the franchise. But playoffs is a very welcome addition that I am happy to see.

Overall, I'm stoked, one week to go!!!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #410
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Hands...you have pleased Seymour.

100g Achievement Unlocked

LOL
Old 03-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #411
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
Agreed. Like I said, I'm not much of an online gamer. I play mainly sports games and it's solely for the simulation aspect of them. Grinding thorough seasons and chasing championships in the career/dynasty modes. I loved tiger woods games like 10 years ago as a party game but I was not impressed with their seasons back then, they were too easy, so once I stopped living with people that I played tiger with I stopped buying them. I think my gap was from about 2004 or 2005 through 2012. I got roped back in because of Augusta and the improvements I read about in the career mode with being able to adjust ai scores. And so I got 12 and 13 and now this is the closest to what I've always wanted a golf game to be with the additions to 14.

I still think the 2 things lacking are the fully dynamic career having to battle to stay on tour. And I think they need a Ryder cup and presidents cup. I know that with all the licenses there's only so much they can do, and I agree with the 4 majors instead of one of those. But I think ea should look into generic name tournaments that are the Ryder and presidents cups with different names like the have done with all the majors in the past. I would love to have those tournaments because of the fun aspect of them and something else to work for throughout the seasons, not because of the names/license. On the other hand I think it adds so much more to have all 4 real majors and I actually did not enjoy playing most the majors because of their lack of names and such. They just felt like another tournament, where a generic Ryder cup would still feel like a Ryder cup tournament without the name because of the differing playing style.

But other than those 2 things, this is everything I've wanted this series to be, so thank you to the entire team at ea. I'm sure there will be things that can use tweaks to improve, but overall I think this is going to set a new level as far as golf games go for me and what I've been wanting. Oh and not to mention playoffs for ties!!!!!!! It sucks that using a shot arc is showing someone's likeness because that is the only other thing that I would want is to see at least what my playing partners were doing and what my opponent in playoffs were doing each shot, but that would require licensing every name in the game and that's simply too much for the franchise. But playoffs is a very welcome addition that I am happy to see.

Overall, I'm stoked, one week to go!!!!!
It really looks like the game is on the right track for those who play mainly offline(for me its a 50/50 split offline and online). While it would have been nice to have a more dynamic career mode that forces you to keep your card, I don't think its a major thing only because gamers get better as they play so most players wouldnt be in danger of losing their tour card once they get the hang of things.

The one thing I would like to see that isn't probably in this years game is more immersive cut scenes and commentary that reacts specifically to the situation. I want the commentators to note how important a certain shot is when you near the top on the back 9 in the 4th round or show a cut scene that accurately depicts the situation at hand so when you hit a big putt to take the lead on the 17th hole then it shows a cut scene showing a big reaction.

It would also be nice to have a post tournament celebration and trophy ceremony when you win and highlights package of your best (and worst)shots of any round you play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 02:22 AM   #412
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
It really looks like the game is on the right track for those who play mainly offline(for me its a 50/50 split offline and online). While it would have been nice to have a more dynamic career mode that forces you to keep your card, I don't think its a major thing only because gamers get better as they play so most players wouldnt be in danger of losing their tour card once they get the hang of things.

The one thing I would like to see that isn't probably in this years game is more immersive cut scenes and commentary that reacts specifically to the situation. I want the commentators to note how important a certain shot is when you near the top on the back 9 in the 4th round or show a cut scene that accurately depicts the situation at hand so when you hit a big putt to take the lead on the 17th hole then it shows a cut scene showing a big reaction.

It would also be nice to have a post tournament celebration and trophy ceremony when you win and highlights package of your best (and worst)shots of any round you play.
Everything you just described are what I consider "the little things that make a good game great" I loved the depiction you gave there, it was spot on. This is some of the stuff I've always wanted as well. It would take the game from a fun game of chasing championships, to an experience. Hopefully we will see this come into play on next gen games.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 AM   #413
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

I still don't like how wherever you point the marker is the max that you can swing at. I just wish they would give us an arrow like we have now at the max distance of that club, and we would have to judge the backswing by ourselves.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #414
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
I still don't like how wherever you point the marker is the max that you can swing at. I just wish they would give us an arrow like we have now at the max distance of that club, and we would have to judge the backswing by ourselves.
That is only if you hit the shot with Perfect/Perfect swing speed and tempo. If you hit with Overswing/Fast you will hit it farther than what the marker says. Same if you hit any other swing combination other than Perfect/Perfect, your result will be shorter or longer depending on your execution of the swing.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #415
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
That is only if you hit the shot with Perfect/Perfect swing speed and tempo. If you hit with Overswing/Fast you will hit it farther than what the marker says. Same if you hit any other swing combination other than Perfect/Perfect.....

True and I just figured out that I could just do this myself (extend the marker all the way out to max distance) it's a bit of a pain but still, it's do-able.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #416
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Right. Try putting the marker about half way, you'll only be able to take half a swing. Like say your in the trees 10 yards off the fairway, and need to hit sideways or even backwards to get out. All you have to do is move the marker about 10 yards the fairway and take a full swing. Doesn't matter much on over/under or fast/slow....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Gerg04; 03-20-2013 at 07:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »