Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
You addressed the point oif not having to re-earn your PGA tour card but you weren't specific about whether we have to earn our way into the Web.com tour and then the PGA tour when you start your career rather than just being kicked up into the PGA tour simply because you played all the events regardless of how well you did.

I am ecstatic that the career mode is more involving this year and full season stats are back. I was one of the biggest whiners in previous years complaining how boring career mode had been so this is like Xmas for me. Stats, season and the ones that occur as you play gives the mode so much more replay value.

Will there be a a notification alert like they had a couple of years ago which would post what the top of the leaderboard would be doing as you play? If I was on a certain hole, an alert would come up saying another golfer just birdied or bogeyed on another hole. That was a good feature that should have never been taken out.
Agreed. I loved that feature. I also would like in the 2/3/4 day tournaments what you've done on previous days on each hole. If I'm on hole 12 and ive gotten birdie par birdie on that hole the previous days it should show that as I come to the tee. Even have the broadcasters mention it sometimes. It would add a lot to the tournament/presentation feel of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #402
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Can I still sue a belly putter but just not anchor it to my belly?

Sorry that is not a serious question I am just still annoyed by that ruling. Only because my coach finally convinced me to go to a belly putter at the start of last year, it took me the whole season to get use to it and now I have to ditch it.

Anyway nice write up.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #403
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Sometimes you have to tell coaches no. They don't know everything.

1. NHL 14
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Sim Mode
3. ESPN NFL 2K5 w/ Gills 2013 roster update
3. NBA 2K11 w/ mkharsh's 2012-13 rosters
5. Winning Eleven 6 FE patched **2012 transfer window*** update....kick @SS
Old 03-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #404
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallCenterZombie
Sometimes you have to tell coaches no. They don't know everything.
How did that work out for Tiger Woods?

Sorry back on topic.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #405
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
I didn't own the progression changes, so I am not 100% on this. But I believe web.com Tour advancement works like this...
- You can win 3 events and earn the battlefield promotion, which is an instant PGA TOUR card.
- You can win the money list before the playoffs and earn a PGA TOUR card.
- If you finish 2nd-50th/75th (not sure which, but its one of them) you earn a spot in the web.com playoffs. If you finish top X (not sure what number that is either) in the playoffs you earn a PGA TOUR card.
- If you miss the playoffs or finish out of top X in playoffs you have to replay web.com tour.
- But once you do advance to PGA TOUR, you will never get demoted.

We don't have the specific notification like you saw in Tiger 11. However, the new broadcast presentation banners will keep you updated on scores/stats/etc. throughout your round and should provide you with a lot of cool info that hasn't been in the game before.
Nice, still sounds like a lot of fun. Is there an amatuer season like there is in 13? Also I read in your blog if you win the US Am, you get invited to play in the us open. Is this correct? Is there no option to play in the masters as an amatuer anymore?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #406
Rookie

Quote:
You choose your amateur path, but you can only choose 1
- US - Win and get a spot in the U.S. Open
- British - Win and get a spot in The Open Championship
- Asian (Masters Historic Edition only) - Win and get a spot in the Masters

However, you only play the final round of the applicable major, and you have no shot at winning. You are actually in position to try and win Low Amateur at the event. We found that having you play a Major right away and likely win it (in the case of most users) took away from the experience of grinding your way to it in career. And we figured that winning the Low Amateur was a more realistic career milestone.
That's cool. So did I read correct that the only amatuer tournament you play this year is the us/British/ or Asian am. There is no season of amatuer tournaments you play through. Just start at whatever national am tournament? I hope that question made sense
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #407
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
I think this is one of the banners in the game. I know for sure it was in the design. I know that a some of the banners got cut cause we ran out of time. Not sure if it was one of them. I didn't own any of the banner stuff so I don't know for sure.
I hope that was kept in, it's the little things like that which really enhances things.

Hands, thanks for all the info. You guys really stepped up in terms of adding eye candy to career mode and giving it some depth. Not sure why you waited so long to release this blog because there are alot of positive changes, I really wasn't expecting this much improvement because I thought the blog being released a few days before the game came out would mean minor changes at best but I'm happily wrong about that.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #408
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Hands...you have pleased Seymour.

100g Achievement Unlocked

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »