Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #393
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
Sweet!!! Headed there now
Old 03-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #394
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Nice write up!!!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #395
Rookie

Quote:
Hey hands, I just read your blog. Looks fun and can't wait to play. I do have a question though.

With the addition of the money list and the new format with q school, is the career fully dynamic? Meaning do you actually have to earn your way into q school by your amatuer performance, and to move from web.com to PGA? Or will you automatically get moved up to each stage after playing so many tournaments in the previous stage? Also once your on the PGA tour, do you have to earn your card for future years? Can you get sent back to the web.com tour if you are not hacking it on the PGA tour? Or once your in the PGA tour you are there no matter how you perform?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #396
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Great stuff! You guys listened. Been wanting a money leader stat for years. Thanks!

1. NHL 14
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Sim Mode
3. ESPN NFL 2K5 w/ Gills 2013 roster update
3. NBA 2K11 w/ mkharsh's 2012-13 rosters
5. Winning Eleven 6 FE patched **2012 transfer window*** update....kick @SS
Old 03-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #397
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Great write up, definitely exciting for offline mode as well. Thanks, hands.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #398
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallCenterZombie
Great stuff! You guys listened. Been wanting a money leader stat for years. Thanks!
Yeah, this is an awesome feature. Increases the longevity of the game for me big time. Kudos to EA!

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 03-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #399
Rookie

Quote:
We wanted to make it fully dynamic where you could be kicked back to the Nationwide Playoffs to re-earn your tour card but we didn't have the time to get that far with it. We tried to get an early start on all these progression changes but we had to wait for the new system to get finalized with the official rules and structure. That took longer than we hoped and we ran out of time to get the backwards progression into the game. So once you advance, you won't go back.
Well I'm happy to hear that it was at least an idea. I think that will do wonders for the longevity and realism of this franchise when you can get it implemented. So I hope to see it in the future. Thanks for the insight. I can't wait until the 26th. I may even have to get an Xbox live gold membership so I can check out the country clubs this year. That look like a lot of fun.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #400
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
We wanted to make it fully dynamic where you could be kicked back to the Nationwide Playoffs to re-earn your tour card but we didn't have the time to get that far with it. We tried to get an early start on all these progression changes but we had to wait for the new system to get finalized with the official rules and structure. That took longer than we hoped and we ran out of time to get the backwards progression into the game. So once you advance, you won't go back.
You addressed the point oif not having to re-earn your PGA tour card but you weren't specific about whether we have to earn our way into the Web.com tour and then the PGA tour when you start your career rather than just being kicked up into the PGA tour simply because you played all the events regardless of how well you did.

I am ecstatic that the career mode is more involving this year and full season stats are back. I was one of the biggest whiners in previous years complaining how boring career mode had been so this is like Xmas for me. Stats, season and the ones that occur as you play gives the mode so much more replay value.

Will there be a a notification alert like they had a couple of years ago which would post what the top of the leaderboard would be doing as you play? If I was on a certain hole, an alert would come up saying another golfer just birdied or bogeyed on another hole. That was a good feature that should have never been taken out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »