Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #633
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I really don't mind the wetness. But it seems to happen to all (on the field, at least. I haven't checked the bullpens or dugouts) players all game long. From first pitch to close.

I know it's minor and I am half joking, but playing in HD it's pretty noticable. LOL! Last night, I was like, "Ewwww."
It is minor but if it's an easy fix please let them fix it
It's on all the players by the way, even the manager and players on the bench haha.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #634
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
How in the hell do you sign free agents?!!? Is this a bug? It's way too hard.

Offseason in franchise mode is a gamekiller!!
Flax...

It's a bit confusing this year. We even had a bit of trouble at CD....but there was no way for them to make any changes that late.

Last year....the game let you sign anyone at any time and never let you know that you were about to spend so much payroll that come the time for arbitration and contract renewable signings....you would be short on cash.

This year...behind the scenes(and this is where the trouble lies...there should be a screen showing you the allotments) the game is putting a portion of your payroll aside to make sure you have the reserve cash to sign 90 players(whatever the total you need for 90) to your organization.
It might say you have 10 million....but you have 6 million out in obligations. The game on top of that will even hamstring you a bit more than 4 million.(It might only give you 3 million to actually spend)(Someone saw that it looks at how many guys you are short on your 40 man roster that lessens that number)

So....it's not a bug...just confusing.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #635
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
How in the hell do you sign free agents?!!? Is this a bug? It's way too hard.

Offseason in franchise mode is a gamekiller!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Flax...

It's a bit confusing this year. We even had a bit of trouble at CD....but there was no way for them to make any changes that late.

Last year....the game let you sign anyone at any time and never let you know that you were about to spend so much payroll that come the time for arbitration and contract renewable signings....you would be short on cash.

This year...behind the scenes(and this is where the trouble lies...there should be a screen showing you the allotments) the game is putting a portion of your payroll aside to make sure you have the reserve cash to sign 90 players(whatever the total you need for 90) to your organization.
It might say you have 10 million....but you have 6 million out in obligations. The game on top of that will even hamstring you a bit more than 4 million.(It might only give you 3 million to actually spend)(Someone saw that it looks at how many guys you are short on your 40 man roster that lessens that number)

M.K.
Knight165
Just to piggy-back off of Knight's post. Check the following thread. Good info from Threebs and tabarnes19 in there. Should help find your way out of the darkness.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-offered.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #636
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Once you get the hang of it, it is very satisfying. I'm not going to lie at CD I was confused by it, hence the pending offers screen.

The biggest complaint we all had before was you could sign anyone you wanted as any team. This year you really have to make smart decisions as a GM. Want to sign that big free agent? You might have to let one of yours walk, or trade a high priced vet, or non tender someone.

At first I thought it was too restrictive, but now I am loving it. Try taking the Astros and win. You really have to draft well and make smart trades...only thing I don't understand is that that players will turn down offers for substantially more money and will show high interest.

Take a practice run or two through an offseason and you will get the hang of it with different options you have. Offer the bare minimum to your renewable players and players that do not have mlb experience.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #637
Rookie

doctemple's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
doc;

When are you getting the CPU making substitutions for you?
I haven't had that happen at all...

As far as scouting...yes...it's a little counter intuitive IMO as far as the interface. But the actual scouting and assignments.....it's pretty easy.
Stick with it....it's worth it.

M.K.
Knight165

Hi Knight. I cannot really pinpoint an exact situation with the pitcher substitutions. I can only say that it seems to be after the first three or four innings. As for the player substitutions, I believe that one problem was that I had a guy in centerfield and it was not one of his listed positions (though he did play there in he majors). I went back and changed that and that player is no longer being substituted for. It has has happened since, though, but rarely.

I will keep trying with the scouting. I think it was a great idea and really adds realism. I admit that I am not the brightest bulb in the hall, so what is a problem for me may be a non-issue to most others. I do agree that it is worth it. I try to remember that the first patch is not even out yet and, as this is some new stuff that they put in, it may be worked on.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #638
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Flax...

M.K.
Knight165
Then there needs to be an additional line item - Money available for Free Agents.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #639
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Then there needs to be an additional line item - Money available for Free Agents.
That would help.
For certain.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #640
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

That darn comeback code! I was losing 2-1 in the 8th against the Marlins batting with 2 outs...and 2 errors kept the inning alive and I went ahead 4-2 then hit a 2 run HR. All of a sudden they couldn't get me out...won 6-2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »