Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #625
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Am I the only one a little grossed out by all the sweat on the ballcaps this year?
No same here!
This was also in 12.
Hoped they'd fix it for 13 but I guess not...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #626
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I have to say again how much more I love the offseason and budgets. You cannot just go through and sign anyone anymore. Some real thought is required and some tough decisions. I have found I have tightened up future budgets by setting contracts to manual and simming the first few days of exclusive period and having more free agents hit the market. I think players are taking too big a discount to stay during the exclusive period.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #627
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
No same here!
This was also in 12.
Hoped they'd fix it for 13 but I guess not...
I really don't mind the wetness. But it seems to happen to all (on the field, at least. I haven't checked the bullpens or dugouts) players all game long. From first pitch to close.

I know it's minor and I am half joking, but playing in HD it's pretty noticable. LOL! Last night, I was like, "Ewwww."
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #628
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
the fielder moved moderately to the left and he was facing the ball when he fielded it and still go an error on the play. Did SCEA refuse to fix it at CD Day?

Thanks HV.
So wait, was your play ruled an error or a hit? I think we are talking about two different things now that you went into further detail.

My nemesis play is the one where the infielder is moving laterally, reaches over to the groundball while running at a pretty good speed and bobbles it.

This is one that I'd love to see ruled an error.

It doesn't happen too often this year thanks to the new ball physics, but it's still there. I guess it really comes down to your point of view on the scorekeeping aspect, though.

I agree it's not cut and dry and I am not pretending to mean my opinion is the correct opinion. It's just my take that this play is not a basehit.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #629
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm really enjoying the improved catcher play on pitches in the dirt. Not only do they look good from the pitcher view, but play into strategy as well. I'm not as reluctant to bury a breaking ball when ahead in the count, and some of the bounces after the block create some interesting baserunning situations in head-to-head games.

Next up... pitch framing animations.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #630
Rookie

doctemple's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Sold!

I was going to wait a bit on buying 13, but after working over 80 hours on the road last week, I need a pick-me-up.

Great write-up, A&S
What slider set and other adjustments have you made? I agree with most of what you said. There are a few irritations left though. The CPU still pulls pitchers on its own and will sometimes do the same with position players. This is not nearly as bad as in 12 but still aggravating. Sometimes the game will not let you bring in relief pitchers who are warm. You're only option is to sit him down. I have found a way to SOMETIMES fool the CPU but I shouldn't have to do it at all. The scouting interface is very confusing to me when trying to assign scouting in different regions. I have pretty much given up on it. There are a lot more half swing bloopers in the infield and balls still occasionally bounce of of the pitcher and across the diamond - the ball is then thrown to first and the pitcher is still good as new. The resetting issues with defensive positioning are there as well. By the way, I am a franchise, manager only guy.

None of this will drive me back to MLB 12. I am hoping that the patches will fix some of this.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #631
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctemple
What slider set and other adjustments have you made? I agree with most of what you said. There are a few irritations left though. The CPU still pulls pitchers on its own and will sometimes do the same with position players. This is not nearly as bad as in 12 but still aggravating. Sometimes the game will not let you bring in relief pitchers who are warm. You're only option is to sit him down. I have found a way to SOMETIMES fool the CPU but I shouldn't have to do it at all. The scouting interface is very confusing to me when trying to assign scouting in different regions. I have pretty much given up on it. There are a lot more half swing bloopers in the infield and balls still occasionally bounce of of the pitcher and across the diamond - the ball is then thrown to first and the pitcher is still good as new. The resetting issues with defensive positioning are there as well. By the way, I am a franchise, manager only guy.

None of this will drive me back to MLB 12. I am hoping that the patches will fix some of this.
doc;

When are you getting the CPU making substitutions for you?
I haven't had that happen at all...

As far as scouting...yes...it's a little counter intuitive IMO as far as the interface. But the actual scouting and assignments.....it's pretty easy.
Stick with it....it's worth it.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #632
MVP

OVR: 8

How in the hell do you sign free agents?!!? Is this a bug? It's way too hard.

Offseason in franchise mode is a gamekiller!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »