Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #321
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdog
I'm enjoying the demo but I've experienced 3 hard freezes. Is this something I will have to worry about when the real game drops?
I had the same problem at first. Deleted and downloaded again, no problems since.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #322
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
This is one of the reasons that I hate demos. We just aren't finished with the game yet. It is fairly stable at the point of it being made, but there are still edge case stability issues that will cause all sorts of crashes. I know running into these types of issues in a demo can easily turn a gamer away from the game.

The thing you can count on is the fact that a solid 5-6 weeks of hard work was put into the game after the demo went out the door. We fixed a ton of bugs in that time.
With all due respect last years finished game froze on a lot of people. Myself I only had it happen once but in our CC we had several users who would constantly complain of freezes.

So much so we had to remove the round attempt limits so people wouldn't get DQ.

I hope this won't be the case this year but you can surely see why people would be concerned.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #323
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Hi Jack....

The only time the 360 demo has frozen on me is when I have restarted a round before finishing it and then using the Y button to speed up the shots. Ever since I figured this out, I have not had a freeze since.

The demo is 3 months older code than final and Hands and the Dev Team told us thy were spending additional additional Dev time polishing TW14....I hope it pays off.
Hello! Thanks for the response. Same here but on the PS3 version. I'm ready for this bad boy to drop.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #324
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
This is one of the reasons that I hate demos. We just aren't finished with the game yet. It is fairly stable at the point of it being made, but there are still edge case stability issues that will cause all sorts of crashes. I know running into these types of issues in a demo can easily turn a gamer away from the game.

The thing you can count on is the fact that a solid 5-6 weeks of hard work was put into the game after the demo went out the door. We fixed a ton of bugs in that time.
Excellent. Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the finished product.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #325
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
With all due respect last years finished game froze on a lot of people. Myself I only had it happen once but in our CC we had several users who would constantly complain of freezes.

So much so we had to remove the round attempt limits so people wouldn't get DQ.

I hope this won't be the case this year but you can surely see why people would be concerned.
Handsward and the entire Dev team are painfully aware of how '13 froze on alot of people, myself included. I can tell you from experience that playing the Alpha builds during TW CD were easily the most stable I had ever played on, including released versions. I am hoping like you and everyone else that the 5-6 weeks spent polishing the final build of TW14 will alleviate the freezing issues many experienced in TW13.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #326
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I hear ya Kerosene.....what might be interesting would be for any Sim-only CC to mix in some tournaments with the Zoom to target on and see what kind of scoring results and participation is like. If enough folks want to play with those settings, mix them up 50/50. As of today, I prefer the current default settings on Simulation, but I am willing to try playing with Zoom to Target. Does that sound reasonable.....?
I'd only be playing on tournament at the highest anyway, so that wouldn't matter to me (I can't read greens at all without the grid, every putt just looks flat to me). Others might be interested though.

I really only play my cc online (great feature by the way!).
Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #327
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm 100% in to try Simulation in the final (no demo for me). However my concerns about putting w/o a grid are similar to kerosene's; I have a lot of trouble with the 2d aspect of it. The grid makes up for not 'feeling' the green under your feet or being able to walk around the cup to size things up. I tried with no grids the past two years and man, it's tough. But....people do play that way with some success, so I gotta give it a fair shot so I can go 'sim' all the way in the CC.

If enough of us struggle and moan over it though, we might end up customized just to include the grid.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #328
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I am hoping like you and everyone else that the 5-6 weeks spent polishing the final build of TW14 will alleviate the freezing issues many experienced in TW13.....
Good to hear. Like I said I never had a freeze but I wasn't a fan of setting the attempts limit for rounds in a tourney above 1. I guess I don't trust people's competitive natures even when it's just a video game

I know it is impossible to tell if someone quit or crashed so I don't see a real solution to the problem unless instead of DQing an individual you just gave them a score equal to the worst score submitted or something.

Which opens up a whole other can of worms so I just talked myself out of that lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »