Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #585

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

SCEAs reply to why they won't fix seats in MLB13:
Quote:
Unfortunately, changing this would increase the patch by more than we would like to make consumers endure. We will address for MLB 14.

Some of those stadiums have had issues for years, so why are they acting like it was only first noticed in MLB13...

And don't get how it'll make the patch too big. Isn't typical patch only like 200mb....and that's with huge gameplay changes made, I'd think that changing minor things in a stadium wouldn't be that much.....

But I guess this also means that we will only have a single patch for the entire year, cause if not, then they should have been able to fit enough stuff into multiple patches instead of just only including a handful of things in a single patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #586
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
SCEAs reply to why they won't fix seats in MLB13:

Some of those stadiums have had issues for years, so why are they acting like it was only first noticed in MLB13...

And don't get how it'll make the patch too big. Isn't typical patch only like 200mb....and that's with huge gameplay changes made, I'd think that changing minor things in a stadium wouldn't be that much.....

But I guess this also means that we will only have a single patch for the entire year, cause if not, then they should have been able to fit enough stuff into multiple patches instead of just only including a handful of things in a single patch
It is likely that after changing a minor detail in a stadium, you may need to download the whole stadium model again... that's probably what the dev is alluding to. I don't wish to see a patch being > a few GBs just fixing cosmetic details.

..... in fact, many patches work that way, you are essentially downloading the whole pre-compiled binary file for the game, not just a portion of it... in that sense "patch" is a misnomer.

Downloading game data is a different issue, but if a fix is needed in one file, it most likely takes downloading the whole data file again.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #587
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
What I am hearing takes me out of the game quite a bit...does not seem matched up with what is going on. I am especially annoyed with the CONSTANT whistling! Is anyone else hearing this? It does not stop for an entire 9 inning game...to the point that my gf sitting next to me thought there was something wrong with the TV.
You didn't by chance catch the Dominican Republic versus USA WBC game last night did you?

I can tell you this, if I had paid $120 for a ticket, and had to be near the DR cheering section with the *Censored* air horns the ENTIRE GAME.... I would have gone insane.

I could barely watch it on the MLB Network, so while I hear the whistles on The Show, it is less bothersome than what I had to be subjected to last night.

BTW, you can go into the audio selection screen, and turn down crowd noise, ambient noise, announcer, vendors etc... and kind of get the game set to the way you like it. The defualt settings has them all maxed.

~syf
Old 03-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #588
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I'm loving the game like never before. Beginner Mode is for me a very significant addition. I see it as being helpful to more than just those new to the game, such as in my case, being 70 years old. The only thing I would like changed is an option to have it called Senior Mode

Last year I was trying lots of things, including lowering pitch speed to 0 and 1, but this year, I have it at default 5 and I'm doing okay!

This is the first year I've only bought one baseball game.

Keep those meatball pitches coming! Ah, spring training has been fun, but I expect things to get tougher once the regular season starts.

The other extremely significant change this year is downloading the full game. I used to have optical drive problems using the disc, got so bad I had to give up on the game, so this year I am very happy!
70 huh? That's great. I thought I was the oldest kid on the block guess not. I will be 61 next month.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #589
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

As if Verlander wasn't already tough to hit... the 12-6 curve that he was given doesn't sync up with his arm action so its impossible to pick it up
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #590
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
70 huh? That's great. I thought I was the oldest kid on the block guess not. I will be 61 next month.
Yup, 70, and 71 in August. So I'm 10 years older than you. I wonder if we are the oldest? Anyway, there certainly is hope for you to be playing this game at 70. Even with cataracts in both eyes, I can still square up on a 98 mph fastball! Not always, but enough to make the pitcher realize 70 isn't over-the-hill just yet
Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #591
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Impressions...

This game has finally been polished to near perfection. I don't know what it is yet I do.

The game just feels organic while playing.

Meaning it plays a random game everytime you play it. I don't think any higher compliment can be made about a game when it's called organic. That word can only describe the feeling of playing something that is as close to real-life as you can get.

I had a VERY strong affinity for MLB 2k7 and have ever since as a game I always thought Id never see surpassed as far as scope, but after my time with MLB 13 The Show I can no longer hold that title as high as i would to this game this year in what i believe to be the FINAL year of the MLB series on Playstation.

Let me explain and this is without actually knowing specifics but it appears that MLB has now reached the pinnacle of what can happen for the game...as is..on the same engine etc...

Sad to say as GREAT and as FUN and even as POLISHED this year game is, it feels as if the development cycle for this game has reached it's end.

Theres thing I've wanted others wanted since MLB 10 that are still not in and rather than complain and/or say what those things are I am more in a reflective moment and just chalk it up to it being merely impossible for the team to put those things in as they've listened to us from day one and have done enough to make the game what it is to this final point and it's a brilliant game through and through.

I will say this though...

PS4? Real Life sponsors triggered by online advertising for your adboards and bulletins...JUST sayinkinda salty about that...Everything else is glowing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #592
Just started!

ibru08's Arena

OVR: 0

come whenever I play online franchise mode, after the game has been played it says " in progress" I finished the game so im clearly still not in progress. anyone know why?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »